Need Help

KittyMomma

Hello everyone, I was told about cruise critic from my travel agent, but he did not mention about navigating my way around on here. He had mentioned that there was an area where we would be able to meet other people who will be taking the same cruise as we are, but I do not know how to go about this. Can anyone help me? Thank You, Marla

There's a section here on Cruise Critic called "Roll Calls". In that section, you'll find sub-sections for most cruise lines, and then you can pick the ship you're going on.

From there, do a search (or scan through) the threads to see if anyone's started a thread for your specific date and you can post there. If you can't find one already started, then you can start your own thread.

Hello everyone, I was told about cruise critic from my travel agent, but he did not mention about navigating my way around on here. He had mentioned that there was an area where we would be able to meet other people who will be taking the same cruise as we are, but I do not know how to go about this. Can anyone help me? Thank You, Marla

Welcome to Cruise Critic. It is a bit overwhelming in the beginning but in no time you will be able to find just about anything here.

What cruise are you on and what date? I will find your Roll Call and post it here to get you started.

Kathy:)

I just wanted to tell both of you that I found the "roll calls" and after some more searching I found the cruise that we will be going on. I see what you all are talking about, as far as it being overwhelming. I think this is so neat that you are able to talk with people before you ever meet them. This definately a whole new world to me. Thank you both for the help. By the way we are going on a Carnival boat called the liberty.:)

Have a great cruise!

You might want to also check out the forum specific to Carnival. We're sailing on Holland America for the first time this October, and I've learned SO MUCH by reading posts on that forum.

I also find the sections on the Ports of Call very helpful as well as information about the city/port we're leaving from.

I just wanted to tell both of you that I found the "roll calls" and after some more searching I found the cruise that we will be going on. I see what you all are talking about, as far as it being overwhelming. I think this is so neat that you are able to talk with people before you ever meet them. This definately a whole new world to me. Thank you both for the help. By the way we are going on a Carnival boat called the liberty.:)

Glad you found your Roll Call. Have a wonderful cruise!

To find responses to posts you have made just click on the User CP (yellow bar above) and it will take you to your "in box".

Kathy:)

Marla

Glad you found your roll call. Its really neat to find people prior to your cruise. On our Glory cruise, we had a really active roll call. Met up with the folks on there the first sea day. I ended up hanging out with one of the women from it who had a son the same age as mine. We went to the beach together in the Bahamas, and still email each other (as do our sons). We're planning a cruise together Christmas 2010.

Definitely check out not only the Carnival boards, but under ports of call there are links for specific ports where people post about their experiences/tours. It really helps in planning your port days!

Have a great cruise!

Archived