Labadee weight/height zipline

snapper01

I have read the forums about weight and height restrictions. We have a 10 year old and a 12 year old. One is to short by 3 inches, but weight is no problem. The other is 5 lbs less than 75 pounds and 4 inches short. My brother who weight is 269 is over the limit. From those who have done the zipline are they real strict on weight and height? I know they have the rules for a reason, but just wonering if any slack has or will be given?

Thanks

Sometimes the person doesn't make it all the way down, and are hanging over the water halfway down, waiting for a rescue. This also shuts down the zipline, so many who were waiting might be just a little upset. Rules are put in place for a reason. Although I would love to tandem parasail with my DH, we weigh too much together to do it. Guess we should have done it when we were smaller.

They do have some flexibility, but the bigger concern may be with the younger ones. The lines are calibrated by tension based on the approximate weight of the individuals, and you are placed on a given line based on that. All to do about evening out the ride and keeping it as consistent as possible for the varying weights of the riders - gravity assisted by your weight = speed. You'll just have to have them make that determination with you when you get there. Enjoy if you go - it's terrific!

When we did Mariner of the Seas last summer, we met in one of the bars for this excursion in the morning. We were told to fill out a waiver for insurance reasons, and our weight was to be written on this form. The man in charge of the excursion took our forms discreetly and at no time did I see a scale.

There were some BIG built men in the group, and they all did the zip line.

I am glad we did the first excursion, we were the first ones walked off to tender to shore.

The guy in charge said that sometimes in the afternoon if the winds get brisk they will close down the line, and those people would be credited their money.

Have a fun time

Go to You tube and put in

Labadee Haiti Zip Line and you will see some great videos of this.

They will not let the boys that are too short and light use the zipline because the harness will not fit them correctly. You do not want them strapped into a harness that is too long for them for obvious safety issues. Hopefully, you will make it back to Labadee when they are a little older.

As far as the adult who is a little over the weight limit, I would be worried about him too. We watched the zipline for a few hours. We saw two different people, both of whom were big, bounce back out over the ocean after they came down the zipline too fast. Granted, one guy never put his arms and legs out to slow himself down like they were yelling at him to do. He hit the brake at the end hard and then went back out. The woman who bounced out had to be at least 6ft 200lb+. She didn't "assume the position" either but instead had her legs out straight in front of her and was leaning back. She hit the brake hard, her feet almost hit the stone retaining wall at the end of the line before she bounced back out over the waves. I would be afraid if someone had that much more weight behind them, they might have stopping issues too though if they followed directions, they might be fine. I have pictures of both of them sitting out over the waves with an attendant wading out to throw them tow lines. I wish we had brought our camcorder but we didn't want to have to worry about it in the water. My digital is an underwater camera so no worry there. I will see if I can find the pictures, will post them if I do.

Archived