Tracy Arm fjord- who else besides Adventure Bound?

myaca09

We are going to be in Junea on Saturday, August 8th. We will be arriving on the Carnival Spirit at 9 am. After reading hundreds of posts, I have decided for sure to do the Tracy Arm Fjord boat tour. However, I just called Adventure Bound and their tour leaves at 8 am. The woman I talked to said it wasn't going to work for us. What are my other options for a Tracy Arm fjord boat tour? Thanks in advance for your advice- this is such an incredibly helpful website!

Adventure Bound has a second boat that leaves at 9 AM. We are taking that one. Maybe if you get into port early you could go?

AB does not run the 9:00 a.m. tour every day. Even if they are operating it, they will not book you for it if your ship comes in at 9:00 a.m. If, indeed, Ops ship got in early they could call and see if AB had availability. Also be aware that their tours seem to actually leave earlier than the stated time. Our 9:00 a.m. tour left at 8:45 a.m.

Other than a private charter, AB is OPs only choice.

For future Alaska cruisers: This is an example of why so many posters say to decide what you want to do in Alaska BEFORE you book a cruise. Once you figure out what you want to do, then you will know how much time you need in each port. You can then choose a cruise that will allow you the time to do what you want to do.

We are doing b2b cruises on the Spirit,and one of the reasons (there were many) was that we wanted to do Tracy Arm and the southbound gets in at 7. We were originally scheduled for the 8 am, but didn't feel comfortable about making it on time to Adventure Bound, so we changed it to 9 am (I guess they are running the 9 too that day,), but actually we probably could have stayed with the 8 am.

Thanks for the information. I will be really bummed if we can't do Tracy Arm. I am a little confused as to why AB wouldn't be offerning a little later departure that day. There won't be any ship in port that morning early enough to make the 8 am cruise. Cruise West docks at 8, and Spirt at 9. I'm sure there are other people who take the cruise besides ship passengers, but I would think the ships' business would be a major part of their business.

I guess it will be a whale watching excursion in Juneau instead, which isn't too shabby!

Thanks for the information. I will be really bummed if we can't do Tracy Arm. I am a little confused as to why AB wouldn't be offerning a little later departure that day. There won't be any ship in port that morning early enough to make the 8 am cruise. Cruise West docks at 8, and Spirt at 9. I'm sure there are other people who take the cruise besides ship passengers, but I would think the ships' business would be a major part of their business.

I guess it will be a whale watching excursion in Juneau instead, which isn't too shabby!

Actually talking to the Lady doing reservation, they really depend more on NON cruiseline passengers, probably because of the time problem. Mostly guests of the people who live in Juneau comprise their customers. I was surprised also. We are taking the 9am cruise on the Capt. Cook, and we dock at 8, are asked to RUSH to the offices of Adv. Bound, they need to get out as soon as possible, as it IS a 9 hr tour. Luckily our ship is in port till 9pm.

I've been doing some research today and trying to figure out another way to get to Tracy Arm. I just spoke with Orca Enterprises and they were extremely helpful. She checked with the owner and they will send a boat out later after our boat docks, as long as we have 6 people. I will post in roll call and see if I can find 3 more people. What exceptional customer service!! I told them if the Tracy Arm tour doesn't come together that I will book a whale watching tour with them for sure that day. (August 8th)

Several years ago - I booked Adventure Bound. This was before I could find anything on this board about it. When speaking with Steve - he indicated that he didn't market at all to the cruise ship passengers because very few ships would be in port long enough to take the cruise. My friend and I were the only 2 cruise ship passengers on the boat and the rest were locals and their out of town guests.

This was way before they offered a second cruise. When we came back, we talked quite a bit about this trip and several others booked that season and it seems like many cruise passengers now take it. It is such a wonderful and affordable tour.

Archived