Half Moon Cay - a little congested, perhaps?

Koshlong

I was just checking cruisett for Half Moon Cay, trying to decide which week looked quietest. On January 23, 2010, they have listed Noordam, Westerdam, Zuiderdam. That's just a bit under 6000 people:eek:. Has anyone ever heard of this happening previously? I think I know which week I DON'T want to go!

3 ships at HMC on one day would definitely be something to avoid, especially if they are ALL Vista class ships. I don't know what HAL/Carnival is thinking scheduling that. It will lead to a LOT of pissed off passengers.

Noordam is at sea on Jan. 23 it appears. Zuiderdam is there. Looks like Westerdam must be chartered because HAL doesn't show it that week. Might be at HMC though. I checked HAL site. Looks like 2 max.

You're right! :o And it was the Noordam I was checking! Must have been suffering from brain freeze (an all too common event). I neglected to actually tack a date onto each day of the itinerary. I'm glad I asked: three would have definitely been a decision maker.

I guess I've been spoiled; I've never been on HMC when even 2 ships were there, let alone 3 vistas.

Just got back from HMC, and we were the only ship in with the Carnival Liberty. It was insance. It was a 35 minute wait at 9:15 AM to get a tender, and they way back I think we started packing up around 2:30 it took another hour to get back. Not a fun process, with 3 ships I would serisoulsy consider staying on board. Or getting that very first tender and leaving 3+ hours before you are supposed to be on board. Not worth standing in line waiting for a tender #, then waiting for your tender # to be called.

Very dissapointing.

Just got back from HMC, and we were the only ship in with the Carnival Liberty. It was insance. It was a 35 minute wait at 9:15 AM to get a tender, and they way back I think we started packing up around 2:30 it took another hour to get back. Not a fun process, with 3 ships I would serisoulsy consider staying on board. Or getting that very first tender and leaving 3+ hours before you are supposed to be on board. Not worth standing in line waiting for a tender #, then waiting for your tender # to be called.

Very dissapointing.

Were you on the Liberty or another Carnival ship that was in with the Liberty? Couldn't quite be sure.

Were you on the Liberty or another Carnival ship that was in with the Liberty? Couldn't quite be sure.

I was on the Liberty which was the only ship there that day, and it was still a mess.

Carnival cruisers update me, the Liberty is 3,000+ passengers, correct?

Yes

We were on the Pride with 2000 and because we booked the Cabana, we were first off the ship and on the tender. No problem at all. We headed back at 3:30 and had to wait a bit for the tender but it wasn't bad.

Archived