Spa -- Is it worth the money?

TMJBR

If you are asking are the spa services 'much better' that you can get at home, my answer would be 'no'. Just more expensive. ;)

Yep, that's what I was asking. Thanks!

TMJBR,

You will find that some people really enjoy using the Spa when they are on a cruise as part of the vacation experience. DW and I are that way. The list prices for the treatments are very high. What we try to do is look for specials once we get on the ship. They are typically advertised in the daily princess patter. You will find that you get much better prices on port days, since most people go into town, leaving the spa looking for business.

We will typically do 1-2 treatments a cruise depending on length, and have never paid anywhere near the "list price".

Have a great cruise, and look for the deals

Usually the spa will have special prices on days when the ship is in port and you can get a good deal. They will send a flier to your room and it has a number to call to reserve it. If you are flexible and can go early in the morning it is usually easy to get an appointment. I am not willing to pay the full price on the sea days because it is no better than what I get at home for a much lower cost.

Got a massage on my first Princess cruise and haven't been back. I didn't like the fact that they rushed you out of the Spa when you were done. Prices in Las vegas are much better.

Agree with the other posters, don't book spa treatments any longer, way too much $$$$.

For the price of a treatment I can get a pass into the Thermal Suite which I find very relaxing when I just want to get away and relax. Sometimes I'll walk out of there feeling almost as good as I do after a massage. Problem is, not all the ships have a Thermal Suite.

There are times I'm a total spa girl and that's the reasoning behind that particular cruise we chose..

There are times I'm there strictly for ports

Living in the SFO Bay Area..I find the spa prices on the ship about the same as I could get at home.

only doing spa services on the ship I don't have to drive home in traffic, and ever day life stuff...which negates the experience too quickly for my liking...

I'm truly completly relaxed as I head back to my cabin and take a long nap...

So, I would say that they are worth it to me!

My wife had a wonderful...well, sort of...massage during a port day. As others stated, the prices come down during port days. She went and was very relaxed until the end when it became a high-pressure sales pitch for products. My wife politely said no at first but then had to get nasty so she would be left alone. So...that's why it was sort of relaxing...right up to the end anyway. If you do go, tell them up front before they start that you do not intend to buy anything and if they ask, it will reduce their tip.;)

Archived