Labadee Pier Construction Pictures

erries

I was on the Liberty a couple weeks ago and took some pictures of the pier construction from the ship. I know how curious I was about it before I went, so I thought I'd share pictures with those of you who might be similarly curious.

DSC04117.jpg

DSC04123.jpg

DSC04125.jpg

It'll be nice to have a pier someday and be able to walk right off the ship onto Labadee without having to deal with the hassle of tendering. Then again, having the ship docked at the new pier means we won't get views like this anymore:

DSC04165.jpg

Erica

We were there in December and the work had just started. I agree with the convenience aspect - too bad, however, that they had to take away one of the best beaches and locations there to locate the pier. We always enjoyed that beach - somewhat isolated, yet close to the food, Dragons Breath, etc. and away from the conjestion. The next beach down is also very nice - and is now the likely best choice (at east for us). Just got to get there early!

We were there in December and the work had just started. I agree with the convenience aspect - too bad, however, that they had to take away one of the best beaches and locations there to locate the pier. We always enjoyed that beach - somewhat isolated, yet close to the food, Dragons Breath, etc. and away from the conjestion. The next beach down is also very nice - and is now the likely best choice (at east for us). Just got to get there early!

I agree completely! Hideaway Beach was my favorite spot last year, because it was quiet and more secluded and less crowded than the others. Of course it's closed now, so we hung out at Barefoot Beach this time, which was the next best thing. It was pretty crowded, but it wasn't too bad because we *did* make it a point to get there early and snag a good spot.

Erica

I agree completely! Hideaway Beach was my favorite spot last year, because it was quiet and more secluded and less crowded than the others. Of course it's closed now, so we hung out at Barefoot Beach this time, which was the next best thing. It was pretty crowded, but it wasn't too bad because we *did* make it a point to get there early and snag a good spot.

Erica

.....OK, true confessions of a Labadee lover - my wife wanted to be certain we secured a good spot at Barefoot, so this past December, she insited I we get an early start to try to beat the crowd. Long story short, I was the first passenger off the first tender onto Labadee, and at the beach. You'd have thought they opened up the buffet line and there was free beer the way I got down the beach! Needless to say she was a happy camper that day - and we laughed about it the rest of the cruise.

• 2 weeks later...

Archived