Quebec City Disembarkation - 7:50am Train?

AreWeThereYet2

We are taking the Crown Princess in October that disembarks in Quebec City. The ship arrives the day before and we stay overnight on the ship. We will be taking the train to Montreal, stay overnight and fly home the next day. Is making reservations for the 7:50am train to Montreal (on day of disembarkation) realistic? Has anyone else done it? I really hate to have to wait for the 12:45 train, because we then won't get to Montreal until after 4pm.

Also, does anyone know if Princess will allow you to carry your own luggage off the ship? (I have learned to pack light).

Princess will let you carry your own luggage off the ship if you self-disembark. If all goes well, this should happen around 7am.

Technically, you could make the 7:50am train, but I personally wouldn't do it. A lot of things have to fall into place in order for that to work, and only one needs to go wrong for you to miss that train and end up with the 12:45 anyway.

I would check with the cruise line and double check what the earliest time you can get off the ship is. Since you dock the day before, I would check if you could you get off earlier than 7 or do you have to wait for immigration/custom agents?

I would make sure I had a taxi or car prearranged if I got off before the regular time. That should be easy enough to arrange over the internet.

I understand how you feel because we are earlybirds and like to get to our destination early and have half a day to do some sightseeing.

On one cruise we got off in Barcelona at 7:00. We checked into our hotel at 7:30 and had a full day in Barcelona. We caught a real early train the next day to Madrid (something like 6:30) and enjoyed a wonderful half day in Madrid. This was in the days when there were no non stops for us from Barcelona (there were from Madrid) and the Madrid flight was significantly cheaper and more convenient.

If you're overnighting in Quebec and carrying your luggage you should be able to get off the ship as early as you want.

Wouldn't that depend on when Canadian Immigration choses to open up? I'm assuming they're going to have to go through Canadian Immigration upon disembarking.

Wouldn't that depend on when Canadian Immigration choses to open up? I'm assuming they're going to have to go through Canadian Immigration upon disembarking.

I'm pretty sure you'd go through immigration on the the 1st day, not the 2nd departure day

I'm pretty sure you'd go through immigration on the the 1st day, not the 2nd departure day

I don't know how they would do it to be honest. The ship would clear the day before obviously, but would they make everyone go through Canadian Immigration the day before?

Srpilo - Good Point!

Another point to consider.. If the ship had already stopped at a previous Canadian port in route to Quebec City that would mean you would have already cleared immigration at the first enrty point into Canada. So there would be absolutly no reason you couldn't leave the ship at anytime during your overnight stay, provided you carry your own bags off.

Just another thought

Srpilo

Archived