new cruiser ?'s

scanmom

I am new to these boards, and new to cruising. we are planning on taking our 15 y/o and 19 y/o children on a cruise, and I am trying to get 2 rooms together. I have looked at the choices I have for the cruise I want, but am not sure which way to go. I am hoping for some advice here! I can get OV in the front of the ship, or for about $80.00 more I can be 1 deck level higher, and at the rear of the ship. Or, I could get inside stateroom in the front of the ship for about $200.00 less. We are not sure we will like cruising (especially my hubby, I had a hard time convincing him to try this trip!). I don't want to spens a lot of money on something we may not like, but I worry if I go too cheap, it will make the experience less than it could be, making us not like it.... I know, confusing, huh? So, I am trying to figure out if any of these options is going to make our trip significantly better or worse. also, when looking at the floorplans, I am wondering if the doors to the inside staterooms ar toward the middle of the ship, or toward the outside? In other words, are the doors to the inside rooms facing each other so I could choose 2 rooms across the hall from each other? Thanks for any tips!!!

The least motion is low and middle of the ship, think of a sea saw, both ends go up and down and the middle has less motion.

That being said, I dont mind being in the fore or the aft, as its rarely enough waves that it affects me.

Mid ship locations, Carnival now charges one category higher than if you book fore or aft, maybe thats what you are seeing?

Get a inside, the OVs will not be that much nicer and during the day you will be out and about and save the money for excursions. Your first cruise you will want to see other things.

~Spend the least amount you can, if you are not even sure you are going to like cruising.

~Stay away from the very front of the ship.

~ call Carnival and ask them what cabins they have that are right across the hall or next door to each other.

~You will have to book you in one cabin & your Husband in the other.

I hope everything works out and you become Cruise addicted like the rest of us here:D

I am new to these boards, and new to cruising. we are planning on taking our 15 y/o and 19 y/o children on a cruise, and I am trying to get 2 rooms together. I have looked at the choices I have for the cruise I want, but am not sure which way to go. I am hoping for some advice here! I can get OV in the front of the ship, or for about $80.00 more I can be 1 deck level higher, and at the rear of the ship. Or, I could get inside stateroom in the front of the ship for about $200.00 less. We are not sure we will like cruising (especially my hubby, I had a hard time convincing him to try this trip!). I don't want to spens a lot of money on something we may not like, but I worry if I go too cheap, it will make the experience less than it could be, making us not like it.... I know, confusing, huh? So, I am trying to figure out if any of these options is going to make our trip significantly better or worse. also, when looking at the floorplans, I am wondering if the doors to the inside staterooms ar toward the middle of the ship, or toward the outside? In other words, are the doors to the inside rooms facing each other so I could choose 2 rooms across the hall from each other? Thanks for any tips!!!

Scanmom,

I agree with the above poster you can get away with booking inside without missing any of the expierence of your first cruise. Save your money for the excursions and drinks. The most important thing, I believe, about your 1st cruise is to look around the ship itself, do the activities and shore excursions in the ports. Now just so you are aware, these inside rooms won't be huge. So long as you are prepared, slightly smaller than a hotel room. And they are dark. So if you don't like it dark, bring a nightlite or a small portable clock or watch so you know what time it is. That is really their only downfall. You can save the luxury of oceanview or balcony and above for when you fall in love with cruising and can't wait to go back. Which I am sure will happen. I have done from inside to suite and all are very nice. We started off inside and worked our way up. This cruise is our first time with 2 rooms, 1 balcony and 1 inside, because my kids are getting older.

As far as the rooms being next to each other is concerned, according to carnival brochure all inside cabins that are even numbered open to the left or portside and all odd number inside cabins open to the right or starboard side. So if you want rooms next to each other you will need 2 even or 2 odd numbered ones. If you don't see cabins you are interested in online, call carnival directly to see if ones you want are available. They don't list all cabins available at one time, only the 1st ten or so. Hope this helps. Good luck and have a great time if you go!:D

~Spend the least amount you can, if you are not even sure you are going to like cruising.

~Stay away from the very front of the ship.

~ call Carnival and ask them what cabins they have that are right across the hall or next door to each other.

~You will have to book you in one cabin & your Husband in the other.

I hope everything works out and you become Cruise addicted like the rest of us here:D

It has been my experience cruising with kids that as long as they are both your kids they can be booked next door or directly across the hall with out having to book one of the parents in each room.

Bill

It has been my experience cruising with kids that as long as they are both your kids they can be booked next door or directly across the hall with out having to book one of the parents in each room.

Bill

Does anyone know if this is true or not?:confused:

Bill

We have always booked our kids in the cabin directly across the hall, but our last 2 cruises, both our travel partners and us were not allowed to do this.

When we first booked, i think it slid by them...then we received a phone call a few weeks later from Carnival saying we could not so this, so we had to switch names around, when we got on the ship, we switched them back.

my kids were 19 & 20 and my friends kids were 18 & 19, we booked seperately and both got the call.

Maybe we just have a nervous PVP.....not quite sure way.

Thats why i said something about booking parents in each cabin, just switch back when you get on the ship.

well we have done it both ways. We've had the kids booked next to us with no problem and the last cruise was my son and his girlfriend we were not allowed due to the fact that she was not our child.

They said if they were both our kids there woiuld have been no problem.

I guess the best thing to do is call call CCL 3 times and go with the majority answer.:)

Bill

Archived