Gem AD and AE aft suite

rcha

have only been on one cruise so please forgive my ignorance.

Thinking of a aft suite on the Gem but looks like all the AD's are already booked. There are a couple of AE penthouse aft. What is the difference between the AD and AE?

Is aft the best place to be of would an AE somewhere else be better?

:)

will be on gem in july in an AE penthouse. AD or romance suites, are basically the same cabin. as far as what distinguishes them besides being on different decks, i'm not sure. maybe satin sheets and a mirrored ceiling?

have only been on one cruise so please forgive my ignorance.

Thinking of a aft suite on the Gem but looks like all the AD's are already booked. There are a couple of AE penthouse aft. What is the difference between the AD and AE?

Is aft the best place to be of would an AE somewhere else be better?

:)

The only difference between an AD and AE is the depth of the balcony. You get twice as much balcony space with an AD. All AEs are aft facing.

i believe all AE and AD cabins are aft. AC cabins are forward. the sq. ft. for AD and AE are basically the same. the balcony on the AD is a little larger at 88 sq. ft. compared to the AE at 65 sq. ft. the AC cabins are the ones with the huge balconies. also i think all AD cabins are on deck 10, AE's are on 8 and 9.

Just a note about the AE's on deck 9. The two AE's next to the BA cabins are handicap accessible. I peeked into one from the hallway on our last time on the Gem. They have a slightly different room configuration to allow for wheelchair movement.

I think I recall a discussion about the differences awhile back. Perhaps a search will turn up that thread.

Archived