NCL Liquor rule

Bazzgurl26

the ncl policy is 18-20 can drink beer but 21+ for liquer, im 19 and will be cruising with my dad and would prefer liquer are they going to enforce this? and if so what if my and my dad orderd n switch'd drinks

So tell me something. You clearly KNOW the policy. If you deliberately decide to do the opposite and get caught, what are you going to do, tell them that you had permission from some anonymous name on cruise critic?

I love these people on here who tell others to go ahead and break the rules. They sure won't be around to hold your hand when it hits the fan.

If you get kicked off the ship in a foreign port, be sure to come back and tell us all about it.

I went on the ncl website and couldn't fine a bar set up. Your post explains that. Exactly how do you order a bar set up? Also, I know Celebrity and Azamara permit 2 bottles of wine to be brought on board. I have seen conflicting policies regarding this re; ncl. What is the policy? I'm not trying to hide 2 bottles, but rather wondering if I can bring on 2 bottles of wine to use in my room.

... I have seen conflicting policies regarding this re; ncl. What is the policy? I'm not trying to hide 2 bottles, but rather wondering if I can bring on 2 bottles of wine to use in my room.

I can not imagine you saw this "conflicting" policy anywhere on cruisecritic.

It is very simple on NCL. You can bring wine, and wine only aboard. They will charge $15 per 750ml. does not matter where you drink it or even if you throw it overboard.

and, yes, each cruiseline has different polices. Some more restrictive, some more open.

Last year I had 3 mini bottles of gin mixed in with my shampoo and lotion bottles in my suitcase, and they didn't find them. My husband had wine in a 750 ml plastic softdrink bottle in his suitcase, and it arrived in our room in side the suitcase without problem too. This year we again brought onboard one plastic bottle with wine inside our carry-on with no problem. I'm not sure I'd bother to bring more, given that we had more than enough luggage to haul around anyway.

At one of the ports, just before sailing time, I witnessed a passenger having a loud heated argument with the security people in the hall outside the elevator. He was demanding to know where it said on the purchase contract that he could not bring liquor on board. When they told him it was in the literature he was sent, he started yelling that it wasn't in the original contract. I suspect he lost his argument.

I am sure this has been answered else where but have not been able to find it via "search".....

We are sailing on the 04JUL - POA - can we order a bar set up for our room?? If so, how do we do this?

We would like to have a bottle of rum so we can make our own pina coladas to drink on our balcony;)

I went on the ncl website and couldn't fine a bar set up. Your post explains that. Exactly how do you order a bar set up? Also, I know Celebrity and Azamara permit 2 bottles of wine to be brought on board. I have seen conflicting policies regarding this re; ncl. What is the policy? I'm not trying to hide 2 bottles, but rather wondering if I can bring on 2 bottles of wine to use in my room.

Yes, you can bring on wine.. as much as you'd like. However, regardless of where you drink it, you'll pay $15 per 750 ml bottle each for a corkage fee. It's unwritten in NCL's policies. In fact, they're written policy states no alcohol period. In reality, they allow wine.

To order your bar setup, email your ship's coordinator at groupeventXXXX@ncl.com. Put your ship's name in place of the X's.

For the poster asking about the POA, I'm unsure about how that ship handles bar setup's. Someone will come along and have an answer for you.

Yes, you can bring on wine.. as much as you'd like. However, regardless of where you drink it, you'll pay $15 per 750 ml bottle each for a corkage fee. It's unwritten in NCL's policies. In fact, they're written policy states no alcohol period. In reality, they allow wine.

To order your bar setup, email your ship's coordinator at groupeventXXXX@ncl.com. Put your ship's name in place of the X's.

For the poster asking about the POA, I'm unsure about how that ship handles bar setup's. Someone will come along and have an answer for you.

Due to the strange liquor laws in the state of Hawaii (Trust me I know all about strange liquor laws living in Oklahoma) bar setups are NOT allowed on the POA.

I've never had any problem with taking on the small airline sized bottles. I usually take one of the wine cartons and a small bottle of rum. We like to have drinks in the cabin. We spend plenty of money on the bar drinks too. We've never had any bottle picked up on xray but we make sure the bottles and caps are plastic.

Why do they make this so hard??? I emailed groupeventmajestic@ncl.com and it bounced as an invalid email address. I called reservation agent, and thye were clueless. I posted a question on the Q&A boiard at ncl site, and it hasnt been answered. Anyone have a valid email address or phone # I can call to order bar set-up? Thanks

Why do they make this so hard??? I emailed groupeventmajestic@ncl.com and it bounced as an invalid email address. I called reservation agent, and thye were clueless. I posted a question on the Q&A boiard at ncl site, and it hasnt been answered. Anyone have a valid email address or phone # I can call to order bar set-up? Thanks

Check your spelling.Did you mean to put majesty?

Yes, Candy's right. It's groupeventmajesty@ncl.com. It's not that they're trying to make it hard, well maybe they are, it's just that it's not an advertised perk.

The hard part is getting the ship name right. ;) Just kidding.. I've worked with the group event coordinator for the Majesty and she's excellent.

Any reason filling an opaque shampoo bottle with liquor wouldn't pass inspection? Like, a Suave bottle or something?

Don't bite my head off. I haven't even been on a cruise before. I'm just browsing the boards thinking about the possibility and saw this thread.

Any reason filling an opaque shampoo bottle with liquor wouldn't pass inspection? Like, a Suave bottle or something?

Don't bite my head off. I haven't even been on a cruise before. I'm just browsing the boards thinking about the possibility and saw this thread.

I'm not going to bite your head off bux, but I will tell you that NCL is very sensitive to products made by Sauve. Back some years, there was an "incident" at sea that involved a NCL ship and another commercial shipping company which resulted in the spilling of thousands of gallons of Sauve conditioner. You can imagine the efforts required to clean that up.

One report cited a NCL employee who stated, "... if only it had been their solid deoderant..."

I'd think twice about Suave... ;)

Hope this is helps. We did the 'bar set up' last year, worked great for us. This is an email I recieved (on request) in Feb this year..................

Please call the Group Event Coordinators Department to set up the request for guests interested in purchasing a set up.

NOTE:Bar Set ups are not available on NCLA. Prices are subject to change. Service fee of $3.00 per bottle will be applied.

Type of Liquor

Price

Bottle Size

Bourbon/Whiskey

Seagram's 7 Crown

$60

1 Ltr

Jack Daniel's Black

$80

1 Ltr

Crown Royal Special Reserve

$100

750 Ml

Cognac

Courvoisier VS

$60

1 Ltr

Rémy Martin V.S.O.P

$80

1 Ltr

Gin

Beefeater

$60

1 Ltr

Bombay Sapphire

$80

1 Ltr

Liqueurs

Brogan Irish Cream

$60

1 Ltr

Southern Comfort

$60

1 Ltr

Di Saronno Amaretto

$80

1 Ltr

Godiva Chocolate

$80

750 Ml

Grand Marnier

$80

750 Ml

Kahlua

$80

1 Ltr

Pama

$80

750 Ml

Rum

Bacardi Superior

$60

1.14 Ltr

Captain Morgan

$60

1 Ltr

Scotch Whiskey

Cutty Sark

$60

1 Ltr

Glenfiddich

$80

1 Ltr

Chivas Regal

$80

1 Ltr

Tequila

Cuervo Gold

$60

1 Ltr

1800 Reposado

$80

750 Ml

Sauza Tres Generations

$100

750 Ml

Vodka

Smirnoff 80

$60

1 Ltr

Absolut

$80

1 Ltr

Absolut Citron

$80

1 Ltr

Absolut Kurant

$80

1 Ltr

Absolut Peper

$80

1 Ltr

Absolut Mandarin

$80

1 Ltr

Absolut Apeach

$80

1 Ltr

Absolut Ruby Red

$80

1 Ltr

Grey Goose

$100

1 Ltr

Grey Goose L'Orange

$100

1 Ltr

Grey Goose La Vanille

$100

1 Ltr

Grey Goose La Poire

$100

1 Ltr

This statement is not correct. We have travelled on HAL and Celebrity as well as NCL, and all have the same policy on hard liquor. HAL lets you bring wine aboard.

Ok, I figure that it probably is not worth the hassle to try and "smuggle" a few bottles of wine aboard prior to our POA Hawaii cruise. Having said that, is it more economical to buy a few bottles of wine on board for use in our cabin (I'm assuming NCL is not charging a corkage fee for on-board purchases to be used in cabins), or bring our own and pay the $15/bottle corkage fee? Can anyone provide a rough "guesstimate" as to mid-range prices of wines sold by the bottle on board?

Ok, I figure that it probably is not worth the hassle to try and "smuggle" a few bottles of wine aboard prior to our POA Hawaii cruise. Having said that, is it more economical to buy a few bottles of wine on board for use in our cabin (I'm assuming NCL is not charging a corkage fee for on-board purchases to be used in cabins), or bring our own and pay the $15/bottle corkage fee? Can anyone provide a rough "guesstimate" as to mid-range prices of wines sold by the bottle on board?

You can get a decent bottle of wine for $35 after tip (which is included in the price.) In other words, you won't buy wine on board for much less than that.

And you're correct, there's no corkage fee in an onboard purchase, regardless of where you drink it, cabin, restaurant, or bar.

When you buy bottles onboard, there is no corkage fee. Expect bottles to start in the mid to upper 20's plus 15%. You can drink it anywhere you want.

Prices are about what you would pay in a mid level restaurant at home. Since you are in the middle of the ocean, it will NOT be at the price you pay at the liquor store.

In front of me in january had somebody who packed a half gallon of crown in there bag. I watched the xray because its where u can see in peoples stuff here. U could clearly see it and they didnt say a word.

My cousin on the other hand with a skull belt buckle. It looks like a pineapple hand grenade on the xray.

I did this on a cruise a few years back and rinsed out the bottle numerous times to find out that the liquor still ended up tasting like shampoo! I prob was juts too stupid to realize that you should put a pastic baggie in first, then add the liquor LOL IMO, it would get right past the x-ray

the ncl policy is 18-20 can drink beer but 21+ for liquer, im 19 and will be cruising with my dad and would prefer liquer are they going to enforce this? and if so what if my and my dad orderd n switch'd drinks

If you are sitting with a parent there are probably not going to do anything. If you are alone or with other 20 somethings they may do something.

Are you likely to get thrown off the ship? No. Get your drinking privileges taken away? Possibly. Break the ships rules if you want but be aware that there might be consequences.

If you want hard liquor (BTW most 19 yo that I know prefer beer anyway) drink ashore and drink beer and wine on the ship. That way you break no laws or rules.

Archived