Where to stay?

Melrandamom

Here's help from a local yokel.

If you have time to try to get the best deal and the best hotel. I would use priceline.com

When you got there put in you are looking for a hotel. Enter Fort Lauderdale. It will then give you a list of hotel with their prices. Do not select any of them. Instead in the upper right corner there will be an option to Name Your Own Price. Click on that. There will be a map to select the location of the area you want. I suggest West Fort Lauderdale (Choice #10). Also make certain you select a FOUR star category. You don't want to end up in a DUMP! The average price for a four star category is 164 dollars. You can probably get it for half price per night. I'd start with 70 dollars a night when you name your own price. If it gets rejected you can try again in 24 hours. Bump it up 10 dollars. The more time you have before your trip the more you can play with the system. You will eventually get the lowest price. You will end up in a place like this with a FOUR star request:

Star hotel examples:The hotel brands shown below are for example only and may not be partnered with priceline.com. You may get another name-brand or independent hotel of equivalent quality. Hyatt RegencyIntercontinentalSheratonMarriottHiltonWestinOmni

Now you have two days before your cruise. There will be lots to do. I suggest Metro Zoo. Miami Seaquarium, Lion Country Safari (a drive but well worth it), Parrot Island, airboat ride in the everglades. I'd rent a car and you can get one for CHEAP on priceline as well.

Good luck. I hope this helps. :D

We are cruising out of Miami, but flying into Ft. Laudedale. We are flying in 2 days before the cruise. Where is the best place to stay with kids? Our girls are 12 and 6 yrs. old.

Thanks!

Mary

I'd stay on the beach in Fort Lauderdale. The Lago Mar would be perfect for your family especially with the kids programs.

Archived