QE2 first timers

cecparkinson

My major recommendation would be: Really indulge in the special atmosphere of this great old lady. Dress up as much as you can, join the receptions and the social events. Take your time for dinner. Go to high tea, seat down with so far unknown fellow travellers and exchange your experiences. Enjoy!

Beware ! In October 2000, my wife and I took our first ever cruise on the QE2 and caught the dreaded addiction ! We were aboard again in January 2001, January 2003 and will be again next month. There is something about this wonderful ship that really gets under your skin and you will become as addicted to cruising as whole, just as we did.

In between QE2 cruises we have also sailed four times on Princess, which we also enjoy immensely, but which will never replace the QE2 in our hearts.

Thanks very much for the tips we will be indulging, especially the food . we are eating in the mauratania not as posh as the QG, but i've read that the m class is realy nice any body give a review of the mauratania. also what is the weather like in the carribean during xmas. Cec Parkinson

Make sure to save an afternoon for the tea in the Queens room. You need to be there at least 1 hr before hand (bring a book with you) and stay there the whole time or you will loss the seat. I saved the Queens room tea experience until my last days on QE2 (a sea day), I went there like 45minutes before start time and every chair are already taken. Quite disappointing. But you can still have a cup of tea and sandwich at Lido if you want. But the scone will be all fill with cream instead of you spreading them. Also, no choice of tea.

Another thing is QE2 is very formal, you better bring your tux or you will feel out of place.

Happy cruising.

Cindy

Hi Just relax and unwind onboard, enjoy the Mauretania experience iv been 9 times on QE2 and late sitting is always been best, and we do tend to push the boat out on formal nights, She is a wonderful experience but very addictive. the weight gain will be a problem, be warned !!!! also go to the top of A stairway outside Queens Grill and look down through the different decks, you are quite a height up!!!!

But have a great trip !!! you can tell us all your thoughts good and bad (if any) on your return!!

BON VOYAGE

Myles

Hi Just relax and unwind onboard, enjoy the Mauretania experience iv been 9 times on QE2 and late sitting is always been best, and we do tend to push the boat out on formal nights, She is a wonderful experience but very addictive. the weight gain will be a problem, be warned !!!! also go to the top of A stairway outside Queens Grill and look down through the different decks, you are quite a height up!!!!

But have a great trip !!! you can tell us all your thoughts good and bad (if any) on your return!!

BON VOYAGE

Myles

Many thanks for the well wishes, we are now packed, the cats in the cattery. taxi is booked to the airport.

Unfortunately we are on second sitting, we'll see how it goes and I imagine we could change if we wanted. I will let everyone know how we found it

Cec

Archived