Expensive Amtrak fare Seattle to Vancouver

myaca09

I booked airline tickets to Seattle instead of Vancouver because of the huge difference in price for 3 tickets. We will stay overnight in Seattle, and then take the Amtrak to Vancouver the morning of the cruise. I have checked fares on Amtrak a few times, and they are listed at $87.50 each. I know that the fare was listed as much cheaper here on CC. Are there any ways to get a cheaper fare?

I booked airline tickets to Seattle instead of Vancouver because of the huge difference in price for 3 tickets. We will stay overnight in Seattle, and then take the Amtrak to Vancouver the morning of the cruise. I have checked fares on Amtrak a few times, and they are listed at $87.50 each. I know that the fare was listed as much cheaper here on CC. Are there any ways to get a cheaper fare?

If you put in three passengers, the $87.50 is the TOTAL fare, not the per person fare.

As an alternative, look into taking the QuickShuttle bus service. I've used them a number of times, and have liked the service and the price.

However, the journey from Seattle to Vancouver by train is pretty and it is nice to be able to walk up and down and get a snack during the journey.

Good luck with your trip!

Hi,:) I agree with everyone else...its very reasonable...I paid

25.00 with AAA discount last year and will be using them again

in September:D

Many people on the train are going on cruises so the atmosphere

is quite fun too:D

• 9 months later...

If you call them and are going to a cruise they will give you 20% off. We just booked roundtrip Vancouver to Seattle for our Rotterdam trip in May. It was 112.00USD for 2 people round trip with the cruise discount, which was cheaper than the AAA discount.

When your plans are firm. This train can sell out.

Thank you! I have not booked the cruise yet for 2011....looking at all the options for sailing out of Vancouver to make sure it is doable for us. We will be arriving in Seattle on Amtrak (from Chicago).

If you call them and are going to a cruise they will give you 20% off. We just booked roundtrip Vancouver to Seattle for our Rotterdam trip in May. It was 112.00USD for 2 people round trip with the cruise discount, which was cheaper than the AAA discount.

Thank you for the info!! I will add this to my file of information:D

Really? Amtrak will give you 20% off if you tell them they you are cruising?:eek:.....never heard of that before. I used them in 2008 and 2009 from

Seattle to Vancouver. I got the 10% AAA discount. Too bad I didn't know about your 20% off. Oh well, you live and learn.

Archived