Has anyone "not" set up onboard expense account?

Has anyone "not" set up an onboard expense account?

How does that work out?

dumb question to follow:

I suppose you cannot buy drinks or charge anything?

Do they allow you to charge a certain amount before they ask for funds?

If you initially "do not" set up onboard expense account,

can you set one up with credit card, once you are onboard?

Or set one up with cash, once onboard?

I don't do advance online check-in giving credit card but give C-card for setting up Sea-pass account at port embarkation. Database security is potential risk at all businesses - I use home state's 'credit freeze' system so no unauthorized credit can be fraudulently set up. Good Luck

You don't HAVE to fill in your setsail pass info BEFORE the cruise, but you do have to have an account once you are on the ship. You may use cash (I think it's in the couple hundred dollar range that they require) to charge against. When (and if) your funds get low, they will notify you, and you will need more cash put into your account.

On our last cruise I did not want to give them my credit card as they ALWAYS charge the currency conversion fee whether you want them to or not, so I set up a cash account when boarding. They did not require any money from me, they simply said if/when the charges reach the $500 markI will be contacted to pay it down. So even though you may need to set up an account on embarkation, you needn't give them a credit card or any money. I didn't anyway.

this is our first time cruising w/ RCCL, but we have sailed Carnival a handful of times now...does this work in a similar fashion b/w the two? I think we always just gave our c/c info to set up our S&S card on CCL, so that is how we could do it on AOS, too, right? and the card is what you use to make any onboard purchases (shopping, excursions, sodas, etc.), right? just trying to figure out what will be similar & what will be different b/w the two lines.

this is our first time cruising w/ RCCL, but we have sailed Carnival a handful of times now...does this work in a similar fashion b/w the two? I think we always just gave our c/c info to set up our S&S card on CCL, so that is how we could do it on AOS, too, right? and the card is what you use to make any onboard purchases (shopping, excursions, sodas, etc.), right? just trying to figure out what will be similar & what will be different b/w the two lines.

Correct.

On our last cruise I did not want to give them my credit card as they ALWAYS charge the currency conversion fee whether you want them to or not, so I set up a cash account when boarding. They did not require any money from me, they simply said if/when the charges reach the $500 markI will be contacted to pay it down. So even though you may need to set up an account on embarkation, you needn't give them a credit card or any money. I didn't anyway.

Being Cdn also this is what we have done for our last seven RCCI cruises, again to avoid the cruise line converting our credit card billing to our home currency, $CAD, against our specific request not to. I've also been told the same about being able to charge up to $500 before a cash payment is required.

Archived