Accommodations In Rio de Janeiro, Brazil

DonovanBobby

Hello my name is Bob Donovan and I am a 34 year old accountant from London. This summer, I and my wife are planning a vacation to Rio so naturally I am looking for a place to stay. I don’t have much experience with the Internet so I don’t know where I should look for a hotel.

However, I have found a website that offers accommodation services, it is called www.riodejaneiroapartments.co.uk and they seem to have dozens of apartments for rent at affordable prices, or at least I consider them affordable. I would like to receive your feedback regarding this site, if it is trustworthy and if it isn’t, recommend me other websites from where I could rent an apartment for my holiday. Thanks a lot. Bob.

Try the Rio forum of www.tripadvisor.com for advice on apt rental agencies as well as hotels. As the seasons are opposite and you say you are coming in your summer presumably you will be in Rio during the winter months of June-Aug when prices for accommodations are lower than any other time of year. You should be able to rent a plush apt in Ipanema or Leblon for about 100 quid per day on a weekly basis. Per diems at luxury hotels will run a little more.

Don't book the Sheraton Hotel and Resort. It is NOT suitable for a 34yo. Too far away from the action. LOVELY hotel for the view and rooms, but also isolated from the main parts of Rio beaches. Service is very poor and the main restaurant only has menus in Portuguese. Only place I have ever seen an armed guard on the beach.

Our business association used to have the annual meeting in Rio. I booked all our our delegation into the Sheraton one year. The younger guys took one look around at the location and checked out. Too far away-too stodgy. Leave this hotel to the cruise tours.

Archived