Cunard Cruise Officer Contact Info?

orange20854

I am interested in contacting the actual cruise staff onboard several of Cunard's ships. I'm specifically looking for the hotel director, the cruise director, or the Chief Purser. I'm not looking for free upgrades, or even asking for anything, I just want to ask a few questions about their lives at sea, how they earned their position, and for any possible advice.

I've tried to contact these people while onboard, but they never have time to sit and chat, so I figured I would write them directly. The problem is that I cannot find a personal address!

I appreciate any help you could provide. Thanks!

-- Michael

I am interested in contacting the actual cruise staff onboard several of Cunard's ships. I'm specifically looking for the hotel director, the cruise director, or the Chief Purser. I'm not looking for free upgrades, or even asking for anything, I just want to ask a few questions about their lives at sea, how they earned their position, and for any possible advice.

I've tried to contact these people while onboard, but they never have time to sit and chat, so I figured I would write them directly. The problem is that I cannot find a personal address!

-- Michael

Hello Michael,

I noticed you posted identical requests on various other boards (Celebrity, NCL, Disney, Carnival, and RCI), and that you study hotel management. I think your school would be in the best position to arrange for proper interviews for you--you must understand that providing individuals' addresses, particularly by posting them on a very public forum, is frowned upon and not likely to meet with much success.

Alternatively, why not write to the respective cruise lines, and marking the correspondence "To the attention of..."?

Wishing you every success.

I have written to each of the six cruise lines to which I posted, and have received nothing back from any of them. It also seems that Human Resource Departments are a dead end as well. Its frustrating, as someone who is genuinely interested in a career in the cruise industry, to not receive any acknowledgement or assistance from potential employers!

Thank you for your reply.

I have written to each of the six cruise lines to which I posted, and have received nothing back from any of them. It also seems that Human Resource Departments are a dead end as well. Its frustrating, as someone who is genuinely interested in a career in the cruise industry, to not receive any acknowledgement or assistance from potential employers!

Thank you for your reply.

Are there any alumni of your school working in the industry? You might try approaching them to see if they could assist with contacts?

There best way of finding out this info you are looking for would be to google the person concerned, ie, pursar qm2, im sure the info will give you all the details you need.

almost all of this info is published daily in the daily programmes given out on the ships.

-- Michael

Michael, If you are a member of FB, do a search for Cunard--there are quite a few pages there with both former and present Cunard staff members and they might be able to point you in the right direction.

Good luck with your studies and with finding a wonderful job in hotel management.

Most hotel managers (also called hotel directors or passenger services directors) these days seem to have hotel school educations and worked shoreside in management positions in large hotels or resorts before coming to the cruise lines. They seem to make the switch at the Food and Beverage Manager level, which is normally a direct report to the hotel manager. Others work their way up through the onbaord F&B departments but even then they have taken some hotel management courses.

Cruise directors seem to move up through the ranks from the activities staff. However, some (e.g. Ray Rouse at Cunard and Jorge Salano at Carnival) switched from being entertainers to being cruise directors.

Archived