Best Time to Cruise Europe

Pickels

We're thinking about a cruise in Europe for 2011. We are "summer-type-weather" cruisers and enjoy the warm weather; as you can tell from our past cruises. We though about Alaska, but, can't get wrapped around the colder temps. So, for all you experienced cruisers, what season suggestions would you make for taking a European cruise. Thanks in advance for your input. ;)

We're thinking about a cruise in Europe for 2011. We are "summer-type-weather" cruisers and enjoy the warm weather; as you can tell from our past cruises. We though about Alaska, but, can't get wrapped around the colder temps. So, for all you experienced cruisers, what season suggestions would you make for taking a European cruise. Thanks in advance for your input. ;)

If you call work it out, I think May is the best time. Weather is usually good and the crowds have not yet arrived.

My parents and I were in the Med cruise (Turkey, Greece, Rome) in May 2007 and the weather was mixed: we had excellent weather in Athen, Rome and Turkey but were greeted with heavy rainfalls when in Mykonos and Santorini: you can imagine how dissappointed we were. I think late May/early June would be a better time but still weather is unpredictable so better to get prepared for the worse - umbrealla, wind-stopper jacket, otherwise T-shirts and shorts are fine.

I would always opt for Autumn in Europe. Actually, I would opt for Autumn anywhere. Gorgeous, cooler (except for the odd day here and there), breezier. Rain doesn't bother me, so.... In fact, I love rain. Hey, you can always take a hot shower, you know what I mean?

How about the Sea? How rough are they during this time frame?

We just sailed the Western Med this past May. The sea was like glass. Felt between very little to no movement at all. We also had an aft cabin where I expected to feel movement stronger but no, it was absolutely fine.

We're going the end of May 2011. I wanted it to be warmer (we too like warmer weather), but didn't want to get stuck with all the summer tourists.

How were you able to book an NCL cruise for May 2011 when their Web site only goes up to April 2011? :confused::confused::confused:

Sorry...guess I should have clarified a bit more...we're going to be booking for the end of May. I'm what my DH calls...uber efficient:D I like to have things planned out. So now I'm just patiently waiting until I can book it...I just already know when we're going. Sorry for the confusion.

Archived