Civitavecchia to airport transport

I am thinking of booking with www.romecabs.com for transport from Civitavecchia port to the airport. A fellow traveler is worried Rome Cabs may have trouble getting close to ship to pick us up and therefore be delayed at getting us to airport on time. She thinks preference will be given to people who booked transport through Celebrity cruises.

Disembark starts at 8am flight is at noon.

Has anyone used romecabs from Civitavecchia to airport? All info; good,bad,indifferent is appreciated.

Thanks

I am thinking of booking with www.romecabs.com for transport from Civitavecchia port to the airport. A fellow traveler is worried Rome Cabs may have trouble getting close to ship to pick us up and therefore be delayed at getting us to airport on time. She thinks preference will be given to people who booked transport through Celebrity cruises.

Disembark starts at 8am flight is at noon.

Thanks

Approved transfer companies are going to be allowed into the port by the port authorities. The cruise line has nothing to say about that. I'm certain that your chosen company is on the list. I would not even worry about it.

I used RomeCabs a couple weeks ago for transport from Civitavecchia to FCO. I had a 9:50 AM flight and arranged a 6:45 AM pickup. I did the express departure and was off the ship with my luggage at 6:15. The driver was waiting for me with a sign with my name right outside the terminal. I was at the airport by 7:00 (it was a Sunday morning - not too much traffic) and was checked in and at my gate by 8:00. I would highly recommend them and will definitely use them again if/when I cruise out of Cicitavechhia.

We just used Rome Cabs and would highly recommend them. We had a scheduled pick up at 8:30 and found out our scheduled time for disembarking was 7:30 and to our surprise our driver was already waiting for us right parked right next to the terminal 45 minutest early. Same thing when they picked us up from our Rome hotel to take us to the airport, arriving 30 minutes early. Now that is service at it's finest.

I have Rome Cabs picking us up at the port at 8:30 on July 5th for a 12:30 flight. We are cruising with Royal Caribbean. They seem to be very reliable from the information I found on these boards. I will post when I return.

we used rome shuttle a few weeks ago. did everything online. they provided us with a shuttle from the port to our hotel in rome and a few days later transfer to the airport. Their cost seemed to be less than everyone else. they were great. waiting for us at the dock with a name card and showed up a couple of minutes early for the transport to the airport. In both cases our drivers english was just okay. but they were nice and by far the least expensive company.

So, we arrive back at Civitaveccia on early on a Saturday morning - we have Celebrity transfers and our flight leaves Rome at 10.55am. What kind of time is recommended to disembark ? Would like to have chance for a spot of breakfast but don't want to be cutting it fine back to the airport.

Can any you knowledgable guys out there give any advise ?

Thanks

So, we arrive back at Civitaveccia on early on a Saturday morning - we have Celebrity transfers and our flight leaves Rome at 10.55am. What kind of time is recommended to disembark ? Would like to have chance for a spot of breakfast but don't want to be cutting it fine back to the airport.

Can any you knowledgable guys out there give any advise ?

Thanks

Since you have Celebrity transfers, they will tell you your disembarkation time when you receive your luggage tags onboard. Plan accordingly working back from there so you can grab your breakfast.

Archived