Rooms on Lido?

Our last two cruise we have been on the lido deck. It is very convenient to be able to take a short walk to the pools and the buffet lines. It is also not too bad because if you want to go to another floor you are walking down the stairs.

We have stayed near the elevators both times. There was a side door just inside from the pool area that would let you walk down the hall without being in the main traffic pattern on the Triumph, but it doesn't look like there is one on the Splendor because there isn't a wall showing on the deck plan. In both cases we had a 8E category cabin.

How are the rooms on Lido deck? Too noisy? Convenient? For those who have stayed in them, what are the pros and cons? We are a family of four booked on the Splendor Jan 2010. We have two nine-year olds going with. Opinions?

I've stayed on Lido deck on several ships, several times. They are a convenient location. They are normally far from the activity areas and I've never heard a thing......

On our Glory cruise this past Oct we stayed on the Lido and LOVED it, it was so convenient to all the areas we used most often. I loved being able to take a small walk back to our cabin for bathroom breaks and it was nice and easy for DD to get to if she needed to go back for anything. It was very quiet and was our favorite cabin to date, have fun :)

I've stayed on Lido deck on several ships' date=' several times. They are a convenient location. They are normally far from the activity areas and I've never heard a thing......[/quote']

I have a Lido inside on our upcoming Destiny; I can hardly wait! Should be very convenient for using the Pool for our 6 yr old son.

How are the rooms on Lido deck? Too noisy? Convenient? For those who have stayed in them, what are the pros and cons? We are a family of four booked on the Splendor Jan 2010. We have two nine-year olds going with. Opinions?

They are wonderful! We have had a cabin on one cruise on the Lido deck and were on the Panorama, which is even higher, on another cruise.

There are not many cabins on the Lido deck, so you will not have much foot traffic. It is great to be able to walk a short way to the pool and buffet. And if you forget something in the cabin, it's just minutes round trip. There are glass "Star Trek" doors that "shoosh" open and closed so there is no noise from the pool area to the cabins. The doors also keep the heat out and the air conditioning in.

The cabins are mostly forward on the ship, so if you are not a fan of movement, you might want to get a cabin closer to the pool area. We LOVE the motion of the ocean, so being far forward is a treat for us.

Loved it! Loved it! Loved it!:D I stayed on the lido on my last cruise and have booked the lido for my next cruise as well. This was the best location ever. So easy to get to the pool and buffet. We were about 5 or 6 cabins from the elevator/stairs area, and we never heard a thing. Some people also worry about noise from the pool coming into the cabin area. This didn't happen on my cruise. I think you will enjoy staying on this deck!

I am excited to hear all the positives!

This will be our first time on the Lido Deck and I have been really looking forward to that location.

Is it really much more movement?

I have never had a problem at the pool or buffet with movement ...

We have a balcony 4th cabin from the pool entrance.

Just curious -

I have booked to be on the Splendor in Jan of 2010. My sail date in Jan. 10th, what is yours?

I am excited to hear all the positives!

This will be our first time on the Lido Deck and I have been really looking forward to that location.

Is it really much more movement?

I have never had a problem at the pool or buffet with movement ...

We have a balcony 4th cabin from the pool entrance.

Just curious -

I second this question. The sale is putting all the cabins up here on "sale", but my Mom gets seasick on smaller boats (never on a cruise ship so far!), and is worried about the extra motion....can a few of you weigh in and tell what it's been like in detail? Curious cats want to know!

We stayed on the Lido deck in an interior room. There were only a few times that I woke up and noticed the ship rocking but that was due to high waves on the water. It just rocked me right back to sleep. The only bothersome event I had from the movement was when I was in the shower trying to shave my legs. I felt the movement on the whole cruise was very minimal. We sailed the Western Caribbean.

My mom and I stayed in room 9201 on the Liberty this February. Very forward of ship. The room, eh, alright but loved the lido deck in general. I did feel alot of movement, but again, we had very rough seas in the beginning. But im not prone to seasickness so it didn't bother me at all. Helped me sleep i know that...But location wise, perfect, i mean you are at lido, close to food, pools and ice cream..what more could ya ask for..hehehe.

Archived