Airfare question & flight times MIA

CanWeGoYet?

I am looking at airfare seattle to miami for our cruise march 2010. Any advice on the earliest flight that I should book for our post cruise flight back? I was looking at noon as the earliest reasonable time, because I don't want to be stressed out on disembarking, getting a taxi, etc. But there are certainly better deals at earlier flight times.

Airfare is a bit higher than I thought it would be for this trip. Any guesses on best timing to purchase tickets? I don't know if I should just resign myself to the prices I see right now, or wait & hope they drop a bit. I don't know if spring break flights are only going to go up or if this far out they might drop a bit.

I know no one has a crystal ball but some might have more experience than I at booking flights this time of year.

I know no one has a crystal ball but some might have more experience than I at booking flights this time of year.

You might look at flying into Ft Lauderdale rather than Miami. I am seeing fares of $250-300, SEA-FLL for March 2010 whereas SEA-MIA starts at $399.

I don't think airfares will be going down. What you do have is almost all airlines charging $20 for the first bag. I think some other fees will be applied that will make cost of flying more expensive. Would not be surprised in a fuel supplement again.

Thanks for the tips thinfool & Donray. I did find a great $189 to miami, but the flights back are the problem. I may fly out of fort lauderdale for the return, just have to figure in about 100 for transport POM to FLL. That is the price I found online for one shuttle company.

If you fly out of Miami I would take a flight that is 12:00 PM or later. If you fly out of Fort Lauderdale then take a flight that is around 1:00 PM since you need to get from Miami over to Fort Lauderdale. Do some book earlier flights, yes? But, as you said if you don't want to worry about the flights and whether or not the ship wil arrive on time or be delayed I would plan for flight around these time frames.

Keith

Thanks Keith, I did find a cheaper flight out of FLL at 3pm. None of the flights leaving late enough for us to make were direct, and they all get in late so waiting longer to get on the plane isn't a problem.

Couldn't even find the transport co. that charged $100 when I looked online again - just as well. I found a shuttle for $15 per person from POM to FLL, SAS. I know some people have had problems with them, but being as how we aren't in a pressure situation to get to the airport ASAP, I'm hoping they will come through for us.

You want to fly to Florida during Spring Break and want a good price? Book it when you think the price is low. Make sure you look at all 3 South Florida airports including PBI. Also look at flying into one airport and out another. Such as flying into FLL and home from MIA. Look at total cost, not just the airfare price.

I suggest a flight after 12noon from MIA, after 1pm from FLL and after 2pm from PBI.

Archived