London 'Bus' tours

On reading many of the comments and looking at some of the sites, I see two major tour bus, (hoho), companies around London. The Big Bus, and the Original London Touring Company. Both seem like they offer basically thye same thing, a hop on, hop off experience on an open decker bus, a few free walking tours and a free Thames River jaunt. Except for a couple of pounds difference they both seem like the same deal. Is one preferable over the other, or is there any major differences between the two??

Clearly nobody is going to have rode both companies buses recently and be in a position to accurately benchmark them against each other.

This time last year the Original Tour probably had an edge as they had a new fleet of buses, but this year the Big Bus have introduced the same to replace some of the worst of the boneshakers.

In all honesty, there probably isn't one that is head and shoulders above the other. If you read both web sites you'll see the minor differences in add-ons.

Especially if you're staying in the Kensington area its worth looking at the respective routes as Big Bus goes through some of the hotel districts here that Original Tour doesn't.

Thanks handfordr. From what I have read, they do look very similar. I was just wonder if locally, any one had heard bad things or great things about one or the other. I see they had minor differences, but if that is all, either/or will do.

I'd like to know as well. Is there "love" commentary or recorded audio?

Both include a Thames River cruise, how do they differ? I see one stops at the London eye and the other river cruise doesn't for example. BigBus is 50gbp and i can get the Original for 42 online.

Archived