SD2 Fall '10 Transatlantic Crossing

ctbjr1309

Since I haven't been mentioned, it appears that the mystery guests haven't had the pleasure of sailing with me or Mrs. CTBjr for whatever that's worth...

And what a treat they are missing indeed. Didn't mention TOYBAR either which leads me to believe that our mystery guest was on the March 09 sailing.

I am sure the Red Stripe is already on order for you!!

Hi FT

No Diet Tonic is only one thing to worry about, that bubbly thing may be an even more of a drastic problem, after all how much bubbly can one ship hold:eek: especially when it is a day long consumable??

The beer too is a great concern but surely SDII could TOW a barge or two holding all the extra spirits and Caviar, just in case:D The fresh lemons and limes might be a problem, after all, previous voyages across the oceans had to worry about scurvy when no fresh fruit was available. Seems that wine is NOT a fruit exchange:mad:

Ah, but any more info at this stage and identity could be known, too early for that.

Be Well

SS

lets put some green bananas on that barge - on the last fall crossing we ran out a few days short of Miami -- no banana dacquiris with kahlua the last couple of days! missed my daily dose of potassium poolside. I'm definitely thinking the SisterS now (SeasonedSailors) . . . but solving the mystery will be lots of fun! or does jewelry and raining men ring a bell?

FT

It does with me but that's an entirely different story...

with the boutique being replaced by the Admiral's suite and the jewelry display now being limited this might be a more affordable trip for you right --- or perhaps not - I understand Mrs. CTBJR's favorite designer will be releasing a new collection just in time for our crossing! I'm sure SD will stock up in her honor :D:D:D

FT

Your not a Neanderthal Jim ... if you were you wouldn't be sailing on SD:p

What web browser are you using. For some reason when I tried to load my countdown while in Firefox it wouldn't work. But if I used IE it loaded just fine.

Also, check the coding ... it is showing http and a link instead of the countdown.

We'll get you there!

Hi DJ:

Been working very hard! Good thing, have a final payment coming up. Yes, I also was on Firefox. will try on Safari (Mac type here). Thanx.

Jim.

Hello

a TOYBAR?? Is that a designated area for children:eek: to play aboard the ship? What kind of bars would they have to play with, bar bells, perhaps, no, bar rags. No believe these children are a tad older than playground types. Instead it might be used corks for FT, Lime peels for DJ, beer bottle tops of assorted sizes, colors and nationalities for various distinguished gentlemen who sit in offices far too often, and lots of very, very unhealthy snacks for their age ranges.

but an interesting term "TOYBAR"

Fear not, all will not be revealed until much later, MUCH LATER:cool:

Be Well

SS

Hello

a TOYBAR?? Is that a designated area for children:eek: to play aboard the ship? What kind of bars would they have to play with, bar bells, perhaps, no, bar rags. No believe these children are a tad older than playground types. Instead it might be used corks for FT, Lime peels for DJ, beer bottle tops of assorted sizes, colors and nationalities for various distinguished gentlemen who sit in offices far too often, and lots of very, very unhealthy snacks for their age ranges.

but an interesting term "TOYBAR"

Fear not, all will not be revealed until much later, MUCH LATER:cool:

Be Well

SS

My oh my! I just spewed water all over the screen when I read this post:p

Now Seasoned Sailors do indeed know that TOYBAR (Top of the Yacht Bar) is a playground for adults ... where you can find dancing of all sorts ... including on tables to "It's Raining Men."

My reference was to a certain frequent SD guest who posts here on occasion as TOYBAR in homage to his favorite spot. Was trying to see if there is a connection to you dear Seasoned Sailor!

Totally agree about gentlemen who sit in offices and continue to do so aboard SD ... albeit the Office on SD is much nicer than any corner office I know of;)

Inquiring minds ... want to know!

Now Seasoned Sailors do indeed know that TOYBAR (Top of the Yacht Bar) is a playground for adults ... where you can find dancing of all sorts ... including on tables to "It's Raining Men."

After a particularly nasty week at work I really wish this crossing was a 2009 event and we didn't have to wait until 2010. Too early to start packing?

FT

After a particularly nasty week at work I really wish this crossing was a 2009 event and we didn't have to wait until 2010. Too early to start packing?

FT

It might be a wee bit early to start packing ... but DJ's DH has to order a new family laptop since ours died last night and he is making sure it is light enough and small enough to pack in roll aboard or hand luggage for the crossing:rolleyes:

Hi DJ:

Been working very hard! Good thing, have a final payment coming up. Yes, I also was on Firefox. will try on Safari (Mac type here). Thanx.

Jim.

Nope, wont work through Safari either. Guess I will just remain clockless (clueless???).:eek:

Nope, wont work through Safari either. Guess I will just remain clockless (clueless???).:eek:

Jim ... I think there are a few other things we can try to get your clock running!

Did you use the preview function in the user CP?

Hello All,

The confusion is caused by a type of jewelry called a

"Bombay Sapphire"

Now knowledge is known of the "Hope Diamond" and even the

" Star Sapphire of India", but not a Bombay Sapphire.Perhaps clarification is in orderfor this unseasoned and unworldy traveler.

Having purcashed numerous babbles for ladies or is that myself, confustion reigns. Ah, sorry no clues here yet!!!

AS for RED Stripe is that the barley and hops type adult beverage(looked it up on the web:D) just checking?

As an aside, many folks are known just not yet included in these posting, but really dancing to a song by Donna Summer:eek: is just a bit wellll include your own approptiate opinions:p:p

Now an understanding of TOYBAR is beginning to enter frazzled brain cells.

Be Well

SS

You know me and sapphires of all kinds:p

had a red eye flight home Tuesday morning . . . no sapphire on board . . not even a diet tonic . . had to settle for vodka and regular tonic . . . still 445 days away from this trip but only 115 until my next never empty glass of champagne begins on Dec. 13 (assuming I'm counting right!).:D

DJ's DH is seriously negligent in reading and posting... Time to quickly catch up!

:D

Just worried that DJ's DH will have polished off ALL the liquid refreshments,kinda worried there will have to be plenty on board as there are no convenience stores in the Atlantic:cool:

"Finishing off the provisions" is an art I have worked many years on...this should not be an issue

My reference was to a certain frequent SD guest who posts here on occasion as TOYBAR in homage to his favorite spot. Was trying to see if there is a connection to you dear Seasoned Sailor!

Totally agree about gentlemen who sit in offices and continue to do so aboard SD ... albeit the Office on SD is much nicer than any corner office I know of;)

I fear this spot...last time I was there, it was on one knee, proposing (yet again) to the love of my life. She's expecting the same next time:eek:

Hello All,

The confusion is caused by a type of jewelry called a

"Bombay Sapphire"

Now knowledge is known of the "Hope Diamond" and even the

" Star Sapphire of India", but not a Bombay Sapphire.Perhaps clarification is in orderfor this unseasoned and unworldy traveler...

Now an understanding of TOYBAR is beginning to enter frazzled brain cells.

Be Well

SS

Oh my, I don't know where to begin. DJ LOVES both sapphires and diamonds, and Bombay Sapphire... I must advise, that this is not a type of jewelry, but a source of fizzled brain cells.

There is now an office pool, that DJ's DH can not possibly take a 13 day transatlantic (not-connected) cruise. I must say...anxiety is rising! I'm confident there is blackberry service in the middle of nowhere.

This is the REAL DisneyJen ... see what happens when two of our three home computers die and DJ's DH is stuck using my workhorse laptop (she ain't fancy but this dog sure can hunt ... it's a southern thing:rolleyes:)

The above comments are from DJ's DH ... who better be purchasing a new family laptop in the next 36 hours or I will ... and we all know what that means .... BIG $$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$!!!!

This is the REAL DisneyJen ... see what happens when two of our three home computers die and DJ's DH is stuck using my workhorse laptop (she ain't fancy but this dog sure can hunt ... it's a southern thing:rolleyes:)

The above comments are from DJ's DH ... who better be purchasing a new family laptop in the next 36 hours or I will ... and we all know what that means .... BIG $$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$!!!!

Note to self: Sign out, sign back in again, post.

Go buy new laptop (quickly!)

Pay more attention to cc boards, read and post more often

DJ's DH is seriously negligent in reading and posting... Time to quickly catch up!

"Finishing off the provisions" is an art I have worked many years on...this should not be an issue

I fear this spot...last time I was there, it was on one knee, proposing (yet again) to the love of my life. She's expecting the same next time:eek:

Oh my, I don't know where to begin. DJ LOVES both sapphires and diamonds, and Bombay Sapphire... I must advise, that this is not a type of jewelry, but a source of fizzled brain cells.

There is now an office pool, that DJ's DH can not possibly take a 13 day transatlantic (not-connected) cruise. I must say...anxiety is rising! I'm confident there is blackberry service in the middle of nowhere.

IMHO, well not really humble, there is no way that DJ's DH joins the ladies on that trip. Can I join the office pool?

Let me know if you need semi help with finding a laptop.

IMHO, well not really humble, there is no way that DJ's DH joins the ladies on that trip. Can I join the office pool?

Let me know if you need semi help with finding a laptop.

Sure you can join the office pool ... along with the spousal pool:p

DJ's DH is in charge of procurement so I suspect he will be giving you a call or dropping you an email regarding the new laptop/notebook/mini. All I know is that everyone makes fun of my computer but it takes a beating ... and it is still standing!

As someone who is counting on NO blackberry service in the middle of nowhere on the crossing, I too want in the office pool.

FT

As someone who is counting on NO blackberry service in the middle of nowhere on the crossing, I too want in the office pool.

FT

One should not overlook the fact that laptops do provide an acceptable substitute for Blackberrys during a Crossing. As there is no wi-fi on SD currently, there is no temptation to lug the laptop around the ship like one would do with a Blackberry. As a result, one ends up checking the laptop 2 or 3 times a day. In my experience (3 consecutive years on westbound transatlantic) that has kept me in touch sufficiently.

Archived