SD2 Fall '10 Transatlantic Crossing

ctbjr1309

As someone who is counting on NO blackberry service in the middle of nowhere on the crossing, I too want in the office pool.

FT

I think there will be some discussion on definitions in term of connectedness:p

The ladies? Excuse me???

I laughed about that too!!

One should not overlook the fact that laptops do provide an acceptable substitute for Blackberrys during a Crossing. As there is no wi-fi on SD currently, there is no temptation to lug the laptop around the ship like one would do with a Blackberry. As a result, one ends up checking the laptop 2 or 3 times a day. In my experience (3 consecutive years on westbound transatlantic) that has kept me in touch sufficiently.

And hopefully there won't be wifi on SD ... otherwise DJ's DH would be joining you in the Office with his laptop:rolleyes: I think checking the laptop two or three times a day should work for DJ's DH and of course I can then post:D

One should not overlook the fact that laptops do provide an acceptable substitute for Blackberrys during a Crossing. As there is no wi-fi on SD currently, there is no temptation to lug the laptop around the ship like one would do with a Blackberry. As a result, one ends up checking the laptop 2 or 3 times a day. In my experience (3 consecutive years on westbound transatlantic) that has kept me in touch sufficiently.

checking work e-mail once a day is one time too many but at least keeps the in box from overflowing. IF DJ and DJ DH actually make the crossing (big talk the past few years:p) we know who will be posting on CC this time . . . .

FT

checking work e-mail once a day is one time too many but at least keeps the in box from overflowing. IF DJ and DJ DH actually make the crossing (big talk the past few years:p) we know who will be posting on CC this time . . . .

FT

I am going ... I even got a SPG card so I can rack up points for a free stay in Barcelona at the LeMeridien:p Another 100 days or so and I can book our air with FF miles.

IMHO, well not really humble, there is no way that DJ's DH joins the ladies on that trip. Can I join the office pool?

As someone who is counting on NO blackberry service in the middle of nowhere on the crossing, I too want in the office pool.

FT

Geez, thanks for the vote of support:( I will be there (with my laptop)...

And hopefully there won't be wifi on SD ... otherwise DJ's DH would be joining you in the Office with his laptop:rolleyes: I think checking the laptop two or three times a day should work for DJ's DH and of course I can then post:D

And what is SO wrong, sitting in the Office, checking emails, posting on CC, having a Red Stripe or two...and watching the world go by (or in DJ's case, if involves Jewelry... "buy" :eek:)? I'm thinking out loud, there may be at least one other interested party???

And what is SO wrong' date=' sitting in the Office, checking emails, posting on CC, having a Red Stripe or two...and watching the world go by (or in DJ's case, if involves Jewelry... "buy" :eek:)? I'm thinking out loud, there may be at least one other interested party???[/quote']

Nothing. Absolutely nothing.

Sincerely,

IP

Geez' date=' thanks for the vote of support:( I will be there (with my laptop)...

And what is SO wrong, sitting in the Office, checking emails, posting on CC, having a Red Stripe or two...and watching the world go by (or in DJ's case, if involves Jewelry... "buy" :eek:)? I'm thinking out loud, there may be at least one other interested party???[/quote']

Nothing. Absolutely nothing.

Sincerely,

IP

But the big question is ... will you two share an office or will you each have your own corner office:p

If you need me for a board meeting you will be able to find me on a Bali Bed:D

I will be wherever the shade is. Unless, of course, my services are needed on the bridge.

It is obvious, that we are all sitting here on a Saturday morning, with a serious case of SD envy...

I had to pay for mixings, and MAKE the mimosa's this morning:( I hate manual labor!

I will be wherever the shade is. Unless, of course, my services are needed on the bridge.

Me thinks that Capt. T won't need too much help finding the anchors on this voyage:p Of course you will make sure we stay out of weather ... right ctbjr!

It is obvious' date=' that we are all sitting here on a Saturday morning, with a serious case of SD envy...

I had to pay for mixings, and MAKE the mimosa's this morning:( I hate manual labor![/quote']

There is an easy way to fix this problem ...

Book a cruise for next week!

It is obvious' date=' that we are all sitting here on a Saturday morning, with a serious case of SD envy...

I had to pay for mixings, and MAKE the mimosa's this morning:( I hate manual labor![/quote']

We are making eggs bennie and bloody marys. Have to do it all myself. What a drag. We also are thinking SeaDream this AM. Only have yard work to look forward to but will wear SD PJs.

J & L.

But if he does' date=' my Blackberry will probably work!!!:D[/quote']

keep up the delusions and you just might talk yourself into taking two weeks off for the first time in your working career - this is one bet I hope I lose. While its not SD, I"m off to to see Alan Jackson in a few . . .and the boys are on the way to Bristol hoping to see a few wrecks - on the racetrack. Enjoy the weekend all - even as we continue to have SD envy.

FT

Wish it were this fall as well ...

Now I know that DJ's DH isn't going to make it to Fall '10 without a trip on SD. He is reading the Sunday newspaper (which isn't all that big) and asked me ...

"Have you heard of this cruise ship ... Norwegian Salmon?":rolleyes: He then chuckled and said ... "Oh I thought this was the travel section not the food section!"

Wish it were this fall as well ...

Now I know that DJ's DH isn't going to make it to Fall '10 without a trip on SD. He is reading the Sunday newspaper (which isn't all that big) and asked me ...

"Have you heard of this cruise ship ... Norwegian Salmon?":rolleyes: He then chuckled and said ... "Oh I thought this was the travel section not the food section!"

Geez, and I thought that was one of my better ones:eek:...and not one comment:(

Don't want too much whining so a comment ... it was a bit of a reach but it made it to OK :)

BTW - On the spouse scale OK is just above (or below, I forget) a groan

Where is that thumbs up smilie when I need it:p

The Seasoned Sailors are just wondering the need for berries on a cruise. We understand strawberries, raspberries, Blueberries and ligonberries.

But The Seasoned Sailors are concerned about Blackberries. They have no shelf life and whan they go bad or to use a kitchen term

"go off"

they need to be thrown away, IMMEDIATELY or they could ruin another persons enjoyment :eek::D. Perhaps there could be a safe zone for such berries like "home":D, but Seasoned Sailors realize that sometimes others just have to stay in touch and but for us all communication must be left at the pier. :o So each to their own, unless it goes off in Seasoned Sailors ear:rolleyes: LOL

Be well

SS

The Seasoned Sailors are just wondering the need for berries on a cruise. We understand strawberries, raspberries, Blueberries and ligonberries.

But The Seasoned Sailors are concerned about Blackberries. They have no shelf life and whan they go bad or to use a kitchen term

"go off"

they need to be thrown away, IMMEDIATELY or they could ruin another persons enjoyment :eek::D. Perhaps there could be a safe zone for such berries like "home":D, but Seasoned Sailors realize that sometimes others just have to stay in touch and but for us all communication must be left at the pier. :o So each to their own, unless it goes off in Seasoned Sailors ear:rolleyes: LOL

Be well

SS

Frequent Traveler, without her daily dose of Blackberry(s) is unsafe to be around. Best to let her play in the library and at the pool. You don't have to worry about ring tones, she is never off it to take calls.:eek:

Frequent Traveler, without her daily dose of Blackberry(s) is unsafe to be around. Best to let her play in the library and at the pool. You don't have to worry about ring tones, she is never off it to take calls.:eek:

don't think so -- I don't turn the crackberry on while I'm on SD -- its DisneyJen's DH that needs Valium to go more than one hour without checking his. Jim, I didn't even have a Blackberry during our cruise on SD many years ago . . . are you sure you remember me and ZQ Vol . . . or have the brain cells just fried when you've been mowing the lawn in your SD pjs? :D

FT

don't think so -- I don't turn the crackberry on while I'm on SD -- its DisneyJen's DH that needs Valium to go more than one hour without checking his. Jim, I didn't even have a Blackberry during our cruise on SD many years ago . . . are you sure you remember me and ZQ Vol . . . or have the brain cells just fried when you've been mowing the lawn in your SD pjs? :D

FT

That or the painkillers! By the way, who could ever forget you and ZQVOL??

The Seasoned Sailors have a friend, just one:eek:, who is considering joining the TA, but is concerned with the size of ocean versus the size of SD2.

Seasoned Sailors hope that the prior crossers can give some advice, even tho we all understand the nature of King Neptune.

We have advised about the nature of this particular luxury cruise line. Like no other.

Any thoughts will be appreciated.

SS

The Seasoned Sailors have a friend, just one:eek:, who is considering joining the TA, but is concerned with the size of ocean versus the size of SD2.

Seasoned Sailors hope that the prior crossers can give some advice, even tho we all understand the nature of King Neptune.

We have advised about the nature of this particular luxury cruise line. Like no other.

Any thoughts will be appreciated.

SS

No problem Seasoned Sailors ... you just need the logic that I use on DJ's Dh who has been debating the whole size of the ocean versus the size of SD 2.

Repeat after me ...

Capt. T will be at the helm and that means that if he has to "sail around the moon" (that is DJ's DH saying ... what it means I have no idea) to find smooth seas he will.

If Mother Ocean, Mother Nature and King Neptune get into an argument there will be more than enough champagne and caviar to keep us all from caring.

All I know that the prospect of 13 nights on SD2 with Capt. T at the helm means to quote from one of our favorite movies ... "Peace be the journey." Other important quotes from this movie ... "Feel the rhythm, feel the ride ... it's Jamaican bobsled time," "Kiss my egg" and "Sanka, are you dead mon?" Now if this is one of the movies during crossing than all will be right with the world regardless of the seas!!:p

Archived