Anchorage to Whittier Transfers

wdblake

My wife and I are looking for an inexpensive transfer option from our hotel, the Holiday Inn Express, to the Whittier dock. We are really just looking for transportation for ourselves and our luggage and don't really care about the "tour". Does anyone know a good inexpensive comfortable option?

Can't vouch for them since we have not traveled yet but just booked our transfer with Alaska Cruise Transfer and Tours for $40pp + tax. They will pick you up anywhere in Anchorage (you tell them the place) and head toward the dock between 12:30-1:30 the day of embarkation.

I found them through an internet search...just googled "Anchorage to Whittier transfer"; the result yielded several options.

Today I booked transfers with Alaska Transportation (alaskatransportation net). The transfer alone is $35; the tour option that adds an hour to the trip costs an extra $10. That appears to include tax and everything, except a tip for the driver, AND it includes picking you up at your hotel (which makes this, I think, the lowest price for the same service). Availability everywhere was slim and, since I had checked out a few companies a month or so ago, I was glad Damien could still squeeze us in for July 4.

PICT0128_Large_.JPGPICT0108_Large_.JPGI can totally appreciate your request for an inexpensive option, but I just have to add here that we took the Magic Bus from Whittier to Anchorage, and Tasha was our guide and that trip alone was almost as fantastic as the entire cruise! Don't pass up an oppourtunity to get as much out of Alaska in the time you are going to be there. We saw more ice...up close, in Turnagain Arm and Portage glacier than we were able to see at Mendenhall in Juneau, because its so far away. We also got to see wildlife in the wild life preserve that the bus stops at. Here are a few pics.PICT0067_Large_.JPG

We just did a cruise on the Coral Princess the beginning of June. When we got to the airport we called the Holiday Inn Express and they sent a bus for us. We then arranged for them to have a cab for us the next a.m. to take us to the train station where we went to the train station to get the train that we had gotten tickets for to get us up to Whittier. We got the 10 a.m. train and were up in Whittier a little after noon and on the ship by 12:45. I think the taxi from the HI was about $20.

Today I booked transfers with Alaska Transportation (alaskatransportation net). The transfer alone is $35; the tour option that adds an hour to the trip costs an extra $10. That appears to include tax and everything, except a tip for the driver, AND it includes picking you up at your hotel (which makes this, I think, the lowest price for the same service). Availability everywhere was slim and, since I had checked out a few companies a month or so ago, I was glad Damien could still squeeze us in for July 4.

We are going with Damien also. Want to get to Whittier early so we can take the PWS tour from 11am-5pm. Will pick us up at the Comfort Inn.

Archived