Just off Empress - Long Review

Cruzin-K

I'm also having problems with the pictures at the moment. I think it must be a Yahoo problem. I'd wait a while and try again later. I can't even see the photos when I log into the Yahoo site directly, but I can see photos I have posted under a different account name. If the problem doesn't fix itself in a few hours I will either try to contact Yahoo, or put the photos on under a different name.

Edit - I just tried again and it worked, so it must have been a Yahoo glitch.

http://photos.yahoo.com/cruzinkaren

The album has always been shared. I think Yahoo is having problems today.

The muster drill was at 5:30pm before we left San Juan. Embarkation was listed as 4:00, but they were letting people on as early as noon. We set sail at 8:00.

Hi Karen,

Great pictures. I got to see a lot of them before I got a red X. I can't wait to see all of them. What kind of camera was that? It takes fabulous pictures. I know I saw it in the airport, but I did not pay attention to what make it was.

Denisejoel - Thanks for another get review. What port(s) were the dolphins along the side of the ship? How interesting that must have been.
They were when we sailed early from Margirite Island. It took about 30 to 45 min before i spotted them. we had friends that had a suite with balcony on deck 7. After the dol played in the wake on the side they said they hung around and followed the ship for some time behind us. SO COOL:p

Karen - what great pictures. You're going to get tired of all my questions but I have more. The Chocolate Buffet - do they allow a certain period of time to take pictures (like the Gala Buffet) before you can eat? Do you recall what they served on the formal nights? Lobster is one, isn't it? Thanks again.

Cathy

Hi,

What is the chocolate buffet, and when and where is it :)?

The Chocolate Buffet was held on our 10th day after we sailed from Aruba. It was held on Deck 10, the Pool Deck, from 11:30 pm - 12:30 am.

It is a chocolate lovers delight. Almost everything is chocolate, or covered in chocolate. For anyone who loves sweets and chocolate, this is the place to go.

k

i think it was you that mentioned that you could use your cell phone. what provider or service do you use so you could call back to the states?

what time did the boat get back to port? what time did they start letting people off boat?

loved the pictures. thanks :)

cruzintori,

I have t-mobile and could use my cell phone in St. Maarten, St. Barts, St. Lucia, Barbados, and Curacao. Aruba had spotty service in a couple areas. I could not use the phone in St. Kitts or on Margarita Island Venezuela. I have always been signed up for international service with t-moblile. It doesn't cost any more to have international service available, but you have to let them know you will need it. The calls from the Caribbean back to the States are $1.49 per minute. San Juan just counted against my regular minutes and didn't cost any extra at all.

We docked in San Juan pretty early, I would say around 6 or so. We were already docked when I woke up. We had been told the day before that they would start letting people off around 7:30, but it ended up that the first group didn't get called until just before 8:30.

Archived