Voyager Ice Show

We are sailing on the Voyager in January. I seem to remember someone saying that reservations have to be made for the ice show.. but I can't locate the posting. Does someone know for sure?? If so, where on ship do we make the reservations??

Thanks

Diane

They will announce when tickets for the show are available. If you wait about an hour the line will be gone. Don't worry they don't run out of tickets. Anyway not that I have heard. They give out the tickets on deck 2 by the ice rink. Remember if you want to skate to bring long pants and socks or they will not let you skate. Only one of your group needs to go to get the tickets. Happy sailing.

They will announce when tickets for the show are available. If you wait about an hour the line will be gone. Don't worry they don't run out of tickets. Anyway not that I have heard. They give out the tickets on deck 2 by the ice rink. Remember if you want to skate to bring long pants and socks or they will not let you skate. Only one of your group needs to go to get the tickets. Happy sailing.

With peak time shows, they do run out.

Best to get in line asap

This may be a Mariner thing, or a fleet-wide new system, but on my Mariner cruise last week, we didn't have to wait in line for any tickets. IOW, there are no tickets and it's first come first serve. Having waited on those lines in past cruises I saw this as a smart improvement, however at least one of the 4 shows was SRO, and there were passengers watching from the stairs or just standing.

On our last three cruises (Voyager (2) and Navigator), they had a "special" show for Platinum and Diamond members. On the Voyager (1st) the captain answered questions. I can't remember if they served refreshments. We did not go to the second Voyager one because they had not shared with us they would be doing it and we had already been when we got the invitation so we gave our invitation away. They served wine at that one (so our friends told us). At the Navagator show they served wine but other than that, it wasn't any different than the "regular" show. We had to show our invitations to get into it.

Tucker in Texas

This may be a Mariner thing, or a fleet-wide new system, but on my Mariner cruise last week, we didn't have to wait in line for any tickets. IOW, there are no tickets and it's first come first serve. Having waited on those lines in past cruises I saw this as a smart improvement, however at least one of the 4 shows was SRO, and there were passengers watching from the stairs or just standing.

This was also true on Navigator - no tickets

On our last three cruises (Voyager (2) and Navigator), they had a "special" show for Platinum and Diamond members. On the Voyager (1st) the captain answered questions. I can't remember if they served refreshments. We did not go to the second Voyager one because they had not shared with us they would be doing it and we had already been when we got the invitation so we gave our invitation away. They served wine at that one (so our friends told us). At the Navagator show they served wine but other than that, it wasn't any different than the "regular" show. We had to show our invitations to get into it.

Tucker in Texas

We went to the "special show" on the Voyager. Poorly attended due to ports etc. No Captain - he hid for the entire cruise - and before the show, some of the skaters showed us some of the 'tricks'. Quite interesting. Did serve drinks and I seem to remember some canapes.

I always read how great people think the ice show is. I have seen 2 and was very disappointed both times.

I thought they were poorly choreographed, the standard of skating was very amateurish and the costumes could have been better.

These were on Navigator last year. Maybe they were not typical but if they were, I would not bother again.

Those that liked it, have you seen professional ice shows before?

Was anyone else disappointed with them?

I thought the ice shows were quite good, considering that the ship is moving (and so is the ice rink) and it's pretty small for the skaters to do the "tricks" they do!

There are seats for everyone, as long as everyone only goes to one of the shows....all of the shows are the same. it's just that the theater isn't large enough for everyone at one time.

Check the schedule of the shows. When I was on Voyager in April, we chose to go to the afternoon show because we didn't want to miss the entertainment at night. We found out later that the Ice Show was the night's entertainment on the second show day. So we gave up an at sea afternoon and then didn't have an after dinner show the one night. It wasn't a big deal, but if I had it to do agian, I'd want to save the Ice Show for the after dinner entertainment, and enjoy other parts of the ship during the day.

We are sailing on the Voyager in January. I seem to remember someone saying that reservations have to be made for the ice show.. but I can't locate the posting. Does someone know for sure?? If so, where on ship do we make the reservations??

Thanks

Diane

No need to stand in line for ice show tickets or reservations. No longer needed. This should be fleet-wide now. First come ,first serve.

We like to sit in the first row on the sides but couldn't on Navigator as the seats were reserved for "suite guests."

When we were on Navigator a few months ago, they removed the reserved signs about five minutes before the show and indicated that anyone who wished to, could sit there. We were one row back from the reserved section and moved into the front row. Before they removed the reserved signs there was no one sitting there.:rolleyes:

Check the schedule of the shows. When I was on Voyager in April, we chose to go to the afternoon show because we didn't want to miss the entertainment at night. We found out later that the Ice Show was the night's entertainment on the second show day. So we gave up an at sea afternoon and then didn't have an after dinner show the one night. It wasn't a big deal, but if I had it to do agian, I'd want to save the Ice Show for the after dinner entertainment, and enjoy other parts of the ship during the day.

In the Cruise Compass for the first day, there is usually a brief outline of the week's activities including the entertainment for each day. If you check that out you might be able to avoid what this poster experienced.:)

Archived