Can it rain in the summer?

For Med--Greece, Italy, Turkey etc--any rain in the Summer--wondering if I should bring an umbrella? thanks

Precipitation is much less in summer but its the weather so rain is always a possibility, but more the exception. During our almost two week cruise heat was the rule, but our two days in Venice saw rain both days.

A small compact umbrellas wouldn't be a bad idea.

1872125117_0360_VeniceSanMarco.jpg.3f985bd8a1989714c609f41f0a128b47.jpg

Or, you can buy one there if you need it. The day we were in Florence, it was amazing- the number of people that appeared out of nowhere when it started to rain, selling umbrellas for 2 Euros. (Well, that's the negotiated price- the ask started at 5 euros.)

Or, you can buy one there if you need it. The day we were in Florence, it was amazing- the number of people that appeared out of nowhere when it started to rain, selling umbrellas for 2 Euros. (Well, that's the negotiated price- the ask started at 5 euros.)

That is almost 7 bucks starting price :eek: for something that can be had for a couple USD :D I say bring one if you got space, and as other poster said makes for a good thing for shade in places like Pompeii, Acropolis, etc. etc. even if you aren't a lady.

673277285_1870_NaplesPompeii.jpg.1fc02281b505f9d24c2f81e06d3cd305.jpg

We were on Galaxy 2 years ago (right now, in fact....) during an Eastern Med heatwave - temperatures high 30s/low 40s every day - and we were advised to take the in-cabin umbrellas with on 'open-air' excursions. The day we went to Ephesus my wife very glad we did so....

600_DSC_0076.jpg.31691553c52c40f34130704fa0e75e89.jpg

We were in Italy the last week in June. We had a couple of minor storms, but nothing major/ over 20 minutes. The temps were still in the high 70's even when it rained.

We are from Southern California- wish we could get some of the wet stuff out here!

The OP brings back a funny memory. A few years ago we were on a driving trip in the South of France (in July) and one day we drove from Nice to Cannes (we were checking into a hotel in Cannes). As we neared Cannes, we got caught in a violent thunderstorm that was so fierce that we had to pull over to the side of the road. Once the storm passed, we continued into Cannes and pulled up to our hotel where everything was still drenched from the storm. As we walked into the hotel we said something to the doorman about the fierce storm, and he said, "What storm.? It never rains here in the summer."

Hank

For Med--Greece, Italy, Turkey etc--any rain in the Summer--wondering if I should bring an umbrella? thanks

There's always a possibility of rain, when I was in Greece last year we had a few rainy days on our trip so I would bring an umbrella.

• 7 months later...

I always take a small fold up one from the Dollar Store. It's only a dollar and very small....but does provide shade or keep you dry. I usually leave it in the ship cabin when coming home....... need more room for souveniers:D Also they have rain ponchos (2 in a pack) for a dollar. Takes up no room in suitcase.

Archived