C & A credit for older cruises?

My Wife and I have sailed 3 times on the Soveriegn of The Sea. 1989, 1990 and 1997. We have stopped receiving mailings from Royal Caribbean. Is it possible to resurect C & A credit for those earlier cruises?

Thanks,

Bob

Yes, but it may take a little time for the C & A folks to find your info if you can not supply them with it. Our first RC cruise (and 1st cruise ever) was in 1998. All we had left from that cruise was the name of the ship, itinerary, and lots of vacation pictures. At first it sounded doubtful that we would get the credit for that cruise (and the Gold level credit). The C&A dept finally found info on us, with the help of our TA who originally booked the cruise (and who we still use after all these years..she's a gem!:)) Just in case, I was ready to send them the pictures of us, 3 happy sunburned people, in front of the ship if it would help!LOL

Yep, I had the same issue. I faxed them copies of my old Sea Pass cards. They also said I could have sent them a photo too.

Which, now that I think about it, wouldn't it be pretty easy to fake something like that (the photos)? :confused:

I got credit for cruises in 1988 and 1989. I was able to show them an invitation to the cocktail reception for returning cruisers so they gave me credit for both.

Didn't take long for the credit.

Hopefully you kept some mementos of your cruise.

I thought it peculiar that I had a booklet with everyone's name and address that cruised but RCCL didn't have a copy of it. They were the ones that gave us the booklet.:rolleyes:

Denise

I got my crown and anchor numbers by emailing RCCL through their website. I told them that I no longer knew our membership numbers from 1997 and 1998 (Song of America, no longer a ship in the fleet). Within two days they not only found our membership numbers but entered them into our current reservation for July 16, 2009. I was very impressed!

When we enrolled they didn't have records back to 1973: he took my word for it, but I told him I had a Sun Viking 1973 picture with the life preserver. DH was able to remember all the month, year, and ships for us.

I cruised for the first time in 1980 on the Nordic Prince, then 1984 on the Sun Viking, B2B on Songs of Norway & America in 1985. Those were a given when they started the loyalty program. I had also been on several 3 say Viking Serenades when they started the program. We were Diamond from the beginning with no "proof" from us.

When my Brother was trying to get his Diamond status he had no proof. I know he had not been on nearly as many RCCL cruises as I had been on. He said he had been going back and forth w/RCCL and they would not honor his cruises in the 80's as their records did not go that far back, so he would need to show proof that he was on the ship.

He later told me that he told them that I was his sister and we have always cruised together so we have to have the same status.

I was pissed because we only took the first 4 cruises together as a family the rest I went on with friends or my DH. They still gave him Diamond status and I know that he has only been on the first 4 and maybe 3 or 4 others. The only thing that kept my dander down was that me and DH made D+ the next cruise and he couldnt get that on my coat tails.

Archived