Cocktail Lounge for Elites and Suites

paul929207

According to someone currently on the Tahitiian Princess, they have instituted the happy hour lounge for Elites and Suite passengers. It is in Sabatinis each evening from 5 to 7. Free hors deoveres (sp??) and a $5 drink of the day.

paul, Keep your ears open if you hear about it beginning on the Pacfic please. :) :)

Will do. We get on the Tahitian two weeks from tomorrow. I will ask around then if we have not heard before then

Correct, on the newer ships it is in Skywalkers, but don't know if it is in place on the all the ships yet. Some friends on that cruise enjoyed it. We will let you know.

The Tahitian is only the second ship that I have heard has it. It has been on the Ruby (in Skywalkers) for several months.

The Tahitian is only the second ship that I have heard has it. It has been on the Ruby (in Skywalkers) for several months.

Very nice, since we have lots of Ruby scheduled for next year. Would like to see it on our 3 Coral cruises this year.

Alas something for those who have made Princess was it was. Several postings ago I wrote the following, which I think is apropos;

Perhaps it is time for Princess to create a scenario where those who love to dress formal and particularly those who love to dress formal and socialize with those who dress formal, can mingle in such a designated atmosphere. It is currently done for various interest groups.

Instead of proclaiming the entire dinning facilities "Formal", set up one (or more if need be) functions where attendance is restricted to formal attire and that rule ridgeley enforced. The Skywalker could be an attractive milieu for such a gathering as it is often booked for private functions. Open bar pre dinner cocktails, h'orderves or whatever creating the formal atmosphere that is desired. Passengers could then proceed to dinner, as is, change or order room for that matter.

To be frank, our last cruise aboard the Emerald was paramount to sailing steerage. The twofers, the $79/night and all those things that has denigrated cruising to the state it is in now need not bring us all down to that common denominator. I really look forward to a social evening with those that have been the backbone of the Princess line and it is high time we are recognized.

[/url]

According to someone currently on the Tahitiian Princess, they have instituted the happy hour lounge for Elites and Suite passengers. It is in Sabatinis each evening from 5 to 7. Free hors deoveres (sp??) and a $5 drink of the day.
Thanks, Paul. I know they were testing this on the Ruby back in March as I asked about it when I was on the Sapphire in April. I was told they were still testing and didn't hear anything else about it. I think this is great although if you're traveling with friends who aren't Elite, it makes it a problem since they can't go. :(

Alas something for those who have made Princess was it was. Several postings ago I wrote the following, which I think is apropos;

Perhaps it is time for Princess to create a scenario where those who love to dress formal and particularly those who love to dress formal and socialize with those who dress formal, can mingle in such a designated atmosphere. It is currently done for various interest groups.

Instead of proclaiming the entire dinning facilities "Formal", set up one (or more if need be) functions where attendance is restricted to formal attire and that rule ridgeley enforced. The Skywalker could be an attractive milieu for such a gathering as it is often booked for private functions. Open bar pre dinner cocktails, h'orderves or whatever creating the formal atmosphere that is desired. Passengers could then proceed to dinner, as is, change or order room for that matter.

To be frank, our last cruise aboard the Emerald was paramount to sailing steerage. The twofers, the $79/night and all those things that has denigrated cruising to the state it is in now need not bring us all down to that common denominator. I really look forward to a social evening with those that have been the backbone of the Princess line and it is high time we are recognized.

[/url]

I've got no problem with the formal attire idea but they should have the same food & drink offered in other areas that don't require formal dress also or it'll be the same scenario as in the DR's. I've paid for the same privilege of of discounted drinks & h'orderves and shouldn't be denied the opportunity because of dress restrictions.

From 2nd cruise on, Princess gives out captain circle lapel pins -- gold / platinum / elite (black pin)!

Maybe you should have special lapel pins so that we can recoginze your elevated stature amoungst the other passengers.

Archived