Cocktail Lounge for Elites and Suites

paul929207

No real gripes here, but as an Elite this sounds a little like the Cunard 'class system'.

If we are talking perks, then I would much rather go back to the system that saw Elites have full free internet usage.

I think Princess is hoping this will involve little or no cost. The amount spent on drinks may cover the costs incurred.

I find we have always had enough internet time with the current credit. If they go back to unlimited, that just encourages those who are trying to run a business from the ship to tie up the computers for hours.

No real gripes here, but as an Elite this sounds a little like the Cunard 'class system'.

Which is the reason I have never sailed on any Queen.

If we are talking perks, then I would much rather go back to the system that saw Elites have full free internet usage.

Me too. :)

I think Princess is hoping this will involve little or no cost. The amount spent on drinks may cover the costs incurred.

I find we have always had enough internet time with the current credit. If they go back to unlimited, that just encourages those who are trying to run a business from the ship to tie up the computers for hours.

Feeding the people Horderves cost them next to nothing. If they wanted to give a perk to the Elite they could have offered an open bar like RCI.

The unlimited internet problem could have been fixed but putting a cap on it as they do today and a daily limit so no one would have given out their card for others to use or stayed on the terminal all day long.

Isn't it funny how some people will always insist that if someone else is getting something they aren't, it's a reversion to the Class System (which is completetely misrepresented anyway) but if it's something they get that someone else does not, it's because they are savvy?

Anyway, there's no "class" involved, someone who has 15 cruises in the cheapest possible cabin gets the same benefit as those who have the same number sailing in the most expensive cabins.

Isn't it funny how some people will always insist that if someone else is getting something they aren't, it's a reversion to the Class System (which is completetely misrepresented anyway) but if it's something they get that someone else does not, it's because they are savvy?

Anyway, there's no "class" involved, someone who has 15 cruises in the cheapest possible cabin gets the same benefit as those who have the same number sailing in the most expensive cabins.

...or 150 days. We made Elite with 13 cruises.

As Elite and occupying a Suite we venture into a bar with friends for pre dinner cocktails. There is a man seated at a nearby table reading and he has his feet up on the furniture. He has neither shoes or socks on.

As cruising has come to this, of course we are looking for a class system that will afford us a better ambiance in which to socialize.

I agree. ;)

We are sailing on the Ruby July 27 on the Greek Isles/Med. itinerary and are both elite. I am confused about the dress code for the "happy hour". This is an extremely port intensive cruise and most days the ship doesn't sail until 5 or 6 pm. We have late dining, so are you saying that we have to be dressed for dinner at 5 in order to attend the function? :eek:

We are sailing on the Ruby July 27 on the Greek Isles/Med. itinerary and are both elite. I am confused about the dress code for the "happy hour". This is an extremely port intensive cruise and most days the ship doesn't sail until 5 or 6 pm. We have late dining, so are you saying that we have to be dressed for dinner at 5 in order to attend the function? :eek:[/quote

We did the Med on the Ruby in May and there was no dress code for the elite "happy hour". Actually, we were lucky to see anyone there. The hors d'oerves were not very inspiring and $5 specialty drinks were no bargain. I don't care for their specialy drinks too much. If all drinks were $5 it would be a different story. Personally, I didn't think much of it. They really need to rethink it and make it more attractive if they want to thank their frequent cruisers.

Helen

Hi Paul,

We had the Elite/Suite lounge on the Ruby in March and enjoyed it. We just got off the Crown on July 7th. James Deering came to one of our meet and greets and I asked him about the Elite/Suite lounge because we did not have it on the Crown from June 25 to July 7. I believe that Mr. Deering said that the lounge would be instituted fleet wide next week. (He may have said in 2 weeks). Anyway we missed it on the Crown.

Shelly

Are the hors d'oerves the same ones they try to feed the people at the Captains party? If so, I can skip them. All they do for me is take the edge off my appetite for a tasty dinner.

No, from what I understand they are completely different and very good. A cruise friend of mine was on the Ruby at the time they initiated this new benefit and she said they were excellent. :p

No, from what I understand they are completely different and very good. A cruise friend of mine was on the Ruby at the time they initiated this new benefit and she said they were excellent. :p

Interesting. I can't wait to see what they've come up with.

...(trying non-chalantly to steer this conversation back to the original topic)...

Have they rolled this out on the Golden yet and if so, in Skywalkers I assume, do they have dance music?

For those of you that have experienced it, how is it compared to The Wheelhouse for pre-dinner drinks and dancing?

Are the $5 drinks off a special menu or are they "well" drinks or what?

I think things like this will be more common to Princess in the future. On most of our more recent cruises a little more than 60% of the ship was new to princess cruisers. This puts an emphasis on loyalty programs for future revenue and anything the ship can do to enhance its product to loyal customers, at minimal cost, is welcomed.

Things like this, priority tendering, priority disembarkation, priority embarkation, the CC party, free mini bar, free laundry, are all from existing ship's resources or at a minimal additional cost, but have a large impact on loyal customers.

I like being catered to...now if only I could get that mythical balcony to suite upgrade one of these days...

...(trying non-chalantly to steer this conversation back to the original topic)...

Have they rolled this out on the Golden yet and if so, in Skywalkers I assume, do they have dance music?

For those of you that have experienced it, how is it compared to The Wheelhouse for pre-dinner drinks and dancing?

Are the $5 drinks off a special menu or are they "well" drinks or what?

I think things like this will be more common to Princess in the future. On most of our more recent cruises a little more than 60% of the ship was new to princess cruisers. This puts an emphasis on loyalty programs for future revenue and anything the ship can do to enhance its product to loyal customers, at minimal cost, is welcomed.

Things like this, priority tendering, priority disembarkation, priority embarkation, the CC party, free mini bar, free laundry, are all from existing ship's resources or at a minimal additional cost, but have a large impact on loyal customers.

I like being catered to...now if only I could get that mythical balcony to suite upgrade one of these days...

From what has been reported so far, there is only one drink (different each day) that is $5, there is no menu to choose from. The rest are exactly what you would pay at any other bar onboard.

Archived