Ship arrives @ 1 am in Venice. Really or earlier?

tam308

Our cruise next May ends in Venice. The itinerary states we arrive at 1 a.m. Has anyone had this itinerary and how accurate is this? I won't be up at 1 a.m., therefore would love to arrive earlier in order to watch our arrival into port. I am already trying to get an idea on flights this cruise, so I am trying to determine what time we can get off the ship, in order to know what return flights to book out of Venice.

Thanks for any info.

tam308

You don't tell us the cruise line, dates, itinerary... How do you expect anyone to offer assistance with such a small amount of information?

Lew

It was a general question about 1:00am arrival time. But IF you need to know specifics, here goes: crown princess leaves Rome on 5/15/10 goes to Greek isles, Naples, Florence and ends in Venice on 5/27/10 at 1:00 am. Most flights out of Venice on the 27th are early flights- 6:30 or 7:30 am. Have been to Venice before, so not really looking to stay the night. Does that help clarify?

To be honest, between now and next May, there may be several flight schedule changes. Or, a better flight schedule may come up in the new year. I would wait a bit before making those reservations.

I believe the arrival times are quite accurate.

The itinerary states we arrive at 1 a.m. Has anyone had this itinerary and how accurate is this?

It was a general question about 1:00am arrival time. But IF you need to know specifics...

...Does that help clarify?

It was not a general question! You asked if anyone had that itinerary? What itinerary? An itinerary is much more than a 1:00am arrival time.

Many of us enjoy helping people with questions on CC, but we need more information than you provided in you original post in order to formulate an informed response.

Lew

To be honest, between now and next May, there may be several flight schedule changes. Or, a better flight schedule may come up in the new year. I would wait a bit before making those reservations.

I believe the arrival times are quite accurate.

Hi pete coach, thanks for your kind reply. I will wait awhile to make flight reservations - I am hoping that prices will come down before I actually book. There is still plenty of time to get it figured out. Thanks again.

I too agree that cruise ship arrival times are quite accurate; they normally will be sure to travel at the speed that will make those times fairly spot on.

Your itinerary is lovely; have a great trip!

When we did this exact same cruise in 2007 on the Emerald Princess we were scheduled to arrive at 10PM. We landed up sailing into Venice at 6PM and docking by 7PM so we actually had a couple of hours in Venice. So it is possible they will arrive a little eariler.

You don't tell us the cruise line, dates, itinerary... How do you expect anyone to offer assistance with such a small amount of information?

It was not a general question! You asked if anyone had that itinerary? What itinerary? An itinerary is much more than a 1:00am arrival time.

Many of us enjoy helping people with questions on CC, but we need more information than you provided in you original post in order to formulate an informed response.

Lew

Your response could have been in a nicer form like;

"Hi, we all like to help you out but with the limited information you gave us we are not able to. Can you give us some more info like cruise line, ship etc. Thanks."

Thank you Renmar and micro yaya and Eileen G. I appreciate you! I have been on cruise critic for years and have gained so much valuable information.

Eileen G. - your post gives me hope.

I was in a hurry when I posted the original question, so it wasn't worded as clearly as possible. However, I was caught a bit off guard by Lew's response. Ah well, "Don't sweat the small stuff...and it's all small stuff". I'm too excited about this cruise to let things get me down.

Archived