Anyone Recently Used Ramses Tours?

CRUISERTN

We were picked up by Deda and Ramasside Tours team in Safaga at the end our cruise for the long drive (3-4 hours) out to the Valley of the Kings in an air-conditioned van with WiFi. After our day of touring the tombs and temples, we had lunch, and then Deda helped arrange for a reasonably-priced day room at the Lotus Hotel on the Nile River so we could grab a couple of drinks and freshen up for a few hours after our tour ended and before our overnight train to Giza. Our driver (sorry, I can’t remember his name!) picked us up at the hotel later that night to bring us to the train station, and even waited with us in the station to make sure we got on the right train, which was very comforting.

In Giza and Cairo, we were taken care of by Etch (our guide) and Samah (our driver). Etch has an unbelievable wealth of knowledge, and pointed out everything along the way. The Egyptian Museum was amazing; I wish we could have spent more time here looking at the art and King Tut’s treasures. At Giza, Etch took tons of pictures of us climbing up the Great Pyramid and knew exactly how to position us for the “fun photos” (holding the pyramids, kissing the Sphinx, etc.). He also negotiated a price for us to take a 40-minute camel ride along the edge of the desert from the pyramids to the Sphinx. We rounded out the day with lunch (overlooking the spectacular pyramids and Sphinx) and a little shopping, before finally making our way to our pre-arranged hotel in Cairo before our early morning flight home.

Both lunches were in very nice authentic Egyptian restaurants and were a delicious variety of meats and vegetable dishes. Beverages are not included in the tour price, and a small tip is also expected.

It may also be helpful to specifically note some “extras” that are not included in the entrance fees to certain attractions. For example, the entrance fee to explore the Valley of the Kings includes five tombs, but not our “wish list” tombs of King Tut and Sety, which were extra. Similarly, entrance to the grounds of the Giza pyramids was included, but to actually go inside the Great Pyramid was an additional cost. US Dollars and Euros are accepted, and, of course, our guides helped us, but had I known about this, I feel like it would have been less of a hassle if we had Egyptian Pounds on hand.

Traffic in the cities, especially Cairo, is crazy! Be sure to consider delays due to traffic (and perhaps even a fender-bender) if your time for a tour is limited.

Overall, I highly recommend Ramasside Tours!

• 2 months later...

We have talked to a number of folks that have used Ramses Tours with great

success, and as a result we have booked their overnight tour to Luxor from

Safaga when we arrive on the Oceania Insignia May 12th. We too discovered in making that reservation how professional and responsive they are to your

needs. Looking forward to the journey. We are staying at the Mercure Luxor

Karnak Hotel.

Larry

• 1 month later...
  • 2 months later...

Great Overnight Shore Excursion from Safaga Port

We've just finished a 2 day, overnight tour in Luxor with Ramses Tours. Waleed met us at the cruise terminal with a big smile on his face. The van was clean and off we go to the journey. Waleed is a ultimate professional, he is friendly and knowledgable about his trade.

He is a well of information and very personable. On our way to Luxor at a rest stop, we wanted to take a picture of a local lady but we didnot have any local currency. Waleed just jumped in without me asking and helped me to pay to the lady.

Throughout the entire day we were taken care of like a royality. But pay attention because he will quiz you about what he has talked about all the facts and history (Haha, kidding).

I highly recommend both Ramses and Waleed, and I’ll use them both on a fourth trip.

We used Ramisside Tours on our cruise on NCL Star in April 2017. The tour was excellent! Great information from a good tour guide. Although it was a long drive from Safaga to Luxor, the bus was very comfortable and we had an interesting time watching life along the canal, with all the busy activities in the fields and villages. Also it was interesting to experience all the road checks and speed humps! The Karnak Temples were spectacular - again with loads of information given, perhaps a little too detailed. For us the highlights was the tombs in the Valley of the Kings, which was a real privilege to visit, even if it was touristy. The tombs were amazing! We highly recommend Ramasside Tours and would use them again. This tour operator picked up from the ship in Safaga although their HQ and guides came all the way from Luxor - great service!

we took a Ramses day tour April 6 2017..we were met at Safaga port, on time. We had a group of 7 adults..Ramses tour was excellent. Waleed our tour guide was amazing..The Van that was used was a great size, we were not suffed like sardines. Waleed explained everything to us from the port to Luxor and back.. no questions was overlooked.. wish we could have had Waleed and Ramses tours at other ports of our journey, would definitely recomend this great Tour Company.. Odette

• 2 weeks later...

I used Ramses tours recently for a 2 day tour of Luxor from Safaga while on a cruise. They provided an excellent service. Even when our party shrank from 2 to only 1 individual Ramses still provided a driver and a guide only charging an extra $50 to cover the single supplement at the hotel. No money had to be paid upfront and payment was not made till the tour was complete. Had was an excellent guide and so basically I had a private tour of all the sites. Our driver Ahmed made sure we reached Luxor before any of the bus tours and as result we were almost the only one in Karnak for the first 30-40 minutes. I have no hesitation in recommending their services.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 4 months later...
  • 2 months later...

Our guide Mohamed and his driver met us promptly at our cruise terminal in Safaga and took us for our tour to Luxor! They considered our needs and met our desires. Mohammed’s knowledge base is vast and made each venue come alive.

They knew how to avoid crowds and we got to see everything we wanted and more! His driver knew the road well and tried to avoid the bumps as much as possible! ask for these two gentlemen if you are booking a tour with Ramses —you won’t be disappointed! Definitely would recommend Ramses Tours !

We used Le Caire Travel last month for a 15 daystour of Cairo, Luxor & Aswan. I have nothing but good things to say aboutthem. Very well organized, professional, friendly and eager to please. Our tourguide Sozy was terrific. She was friendly and knowledgeable, spoke excellentEnglish and was an Egyptologist who was well versed in the historical andcultural aspects of the sights we were taken to see. Anything we asked of them,they did it.

• 2 weeks later...

Thank you for sharing your trip reports. We just booked with Ramses Tours AKA Ramasside Tours (day trip to Cairo from Port Said to visit the pyramids and Egyptian museum and a day trip to Luxor to visit temples of Luxor, Karnak and Valley of the kings) – they came highly recommended in Trip Advisor and Cruise Critic.

• 1 month later...

Thank you very much for sharing your trip reports here as they have helped us enormously in deciding what we should be doing in Egypt.

We have just booked our next trip in Luxor with Ramses Tours aka Ramasside Tours.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

• 3 months later...

I took a group of clients on a tour in Egypt from Safaga to Luxor and the Valley of the Kings with Ramasside Tours.  We were on a cruise.  Our tour and tour guide Peter and his driver were outstanding!  Peter and the driver were at the port to pick us up when we exited the ship.  He was extremely knowledgeable about Egypt, the Karnak Temples and the Valley of the Kings. We had a wonderful lunch and some time for shopping.  It was an exceptional day.  I would highly recommend Ramasside Tours for any of their tours.  

• 3 months later...
Great overnight stay in Luxor from Safaga with Ramasside

We decided to take a private overnight trip from Safaga to Luxor rather than one of the one-day cruise ship tours available. We would really recommend doing this as it avoids the 7 to 8 hours in a bus and gives the opportunity to see everything at ones leisure including the Sound and Light show at Karnak temple. We chose Ramasside Tours and we were not disappointed. We stayed at the Steigenberger hôtel and enjoyed a couple hours sitting in the hotel grounds watching the boats on the Nile. Our guide, Mohammed, was splendid. He took great care of us and was very knowledgeable. We would recommend Ramasside and you should ask for Mohammed Qenawy as your guide.

Edited by msk575

• 3 weeks later...

In April 2018 we used Ramasside for a two day tour in Luxor. Our guide was Mohammad. He was extremely knowledgeable and fun guide. Our hotel was very good and our tours were in-depth and geared to things that we wanted to do. He was very accommodating. When our friends were taking the same trip in October, we recommended that they take the same tour. They came home Raving about what an excellent tour they also had. We’d highly recommend Ramasside tours.

Hi,

few months ago we stopped in Alexandria for 4-5 hours of visit during a cruise. Ramses was our guide for the visit of this wonderful city. The pick-up was early on the morning and the program very complete. Our driver and guide were over the top. They showed us the best of the city: fish market, walk in the old town, the Mosque, a long trip along the corniche, and along the sea, a stop closed to "the fort d'Alexandrie". Normally we only must see the Library from outside but as I visited it before, I asked to visit it also from inside. Our driver accepted it and helped us to take ticket to visit this wonderful place, he proposed us a stop and drink some refreshment. A along the tour we were followed by police car who help in case of trafic jump. It was very exciting!!!! AS our tour was longer than previewed (because of visit of library!!!!)the police care opened us the way to go faster to our ship and we arrived on time. Thank you very much Ramses and most specifically Mohanned for this wonderful experience and memories.

Hope you the best with other tourists

• 2 weeks later...

We did a one day trip to Luxor from our cruise ship Azamara Journey in November 2017 with Ramasside. We had a great day with no issues. Well organized and met us right off the ship. We would recommend this company and would use them again.

Edited by mary-ann kirkman

• 3 weeks later...

I have just booked an overnight tour to Luxor from Safaga for my Wife and another couple, the person who handled our booking, Nada Yehia was very efficient and courteous and answered all my questions in a prompt and efficient manner. My general impression at this point in the process is that Ramasside Tours is a very efficient operation and I am very much looking forward to the tour.

We are so excited about our upcoming cruise to the Middle East and the 

Mediterranean. This is our first time in the Middle East and we found OCEANIA's ship tours very prohibitive. I did some research about the RAMSES tour company and they came highly recommended by Trip Advisor.

i contacted them about an overnight in Luxor that replicated the ship's excursion.

i was assigned an amazing travel agent, Mr, Haitham Masoud, who was extremely knowledgeable and patient. After many inquires on my part, Mr. Masoud was able to semi customize a two day tour of my husband's and my liking. The tour  is almost a duplicate of OCEANIA's offering and is substantially

less in cost.

it has been a pleasure working with Ramses Tours and Mr. Masoud and I feel our

upcoming tour will be amazing!

WARM REGARDS,

ROBERT AND BARBARA

• 1 month later...
  • 2 months later...

I used Ramses Tours in October 2018 for a group of 6 passengers.  We were on an Azamara cruise from Athens to Dubai.  We used Ramses Tours for our private excursion in Egypt.  I am a Travel Agent and did extensive research for a great, reputable tour operator for myself and my clients.  Ramses designed a full day tour from the port in Safaga to the Karnak Temple, lunch at a local restaurant and on to the West Bank of the River Nile to visit the two colossal statues of Amenhotep III (Colossi of Memnon), and then visit the Valley of the Kings; tomb of King Tutankhamun; and more.  Our guide was waiting for us when we dissembarked the ship and was extremely attentive to all of us.  Being a long distance from the port, it was a long day but Very well worth it.  I would definitely use Ramses again and highly recommend them for Private and Group tours