Family Friendly/Miami area restaurants

Melrandamom

We are staying over in Miami, two nights prior to our cruise. I am looking for suggestions on some cool, family friendly restaurants in the area. Our girls are 12 & 6 yrs. old. We live in Chicago, so I would like to avoid any of the major chains that we have here.

We are staying over in Miami, two nights prior to our cruise. I am looking for suggestions on some cool, family friendly restaurants in the area. Our girls are 12 & 6 yrs. old. We live in Chicago, so I would like to avoid any of the major chains that we have here.

Where in Miami are you staying? If I know the area, I can recommend restaurants in the same area.

We are staying the in the Best Western right near miami airport, we will have a rental car.

I really like the Rusty Pelican for the views and seafood.

Both of the Monty's Seafood places are also good and on the water. One is South Beach and the other is Coconut Grove.

Cuban:

Versailles

Davids II

Puerto Saga

Haitian:

Tap Tap

My blog has a ton of good restaurant suggestions.

I really like the Rusty Pelican for the views and seafood.

Both of the Monty's Seafood places are also good and on the water. One is South Beach and the other is Coconut Grove.

Cuban:

Versailles

Davids II

Puerto Saga

Haitian:

Tap Tap

My blog has a ton of good restaurant suggestions.

We're gonna try the Maya Tapas & Grill on Lincoln Rd. Anybody eaten there before? Are there any other steakhouses close to South Beach that are recommended?

Where in Miami are you staying? If I know the area, I can recommend restaurants in the same area.

With your two daughters, I second Blue Herons' suggested of Le Versailles. It is Miami's iconic (but not most upscale) cuban restaurant. Its cuban food is "different" enough to be interesting, but the menu is large enough to assure just about everyone can find a satisfactory dish. It is large, vibrant and interesting. Prices are modest. Perhaps you can even spot the CIA and Cuban agents.

Neil/Miami

Although Bubba Gumps technically falls into the "chain" category, if you don't live near one it is a fun casual place. Very relaxed, optional outdoor seating fun waitstaff, excellent shrimp. Bayside is an OK place to spend a little time and browse the shops.

Archived