Everything Equinox!

SailAway78

There's so much information out about Celebrity Equinox with her arrival in Southampton, perhaps one of the CC hosts will move this up as a sticky and transfer many of the Equinox threads already posted so they are in one location.

Just a thought since there will be more questions, pictures, video and reviews each day as the ship nears the naming ceremony, the inaugural and other voyages.

Many thanks to the hosts for all they do for us on these boards!

Bonnie

Anyone know offhand (and I apologize if this has already been discussed) what the major differences will be between the Equinox and the Solstice?

The only one I've heard about are the color in the main dinning room is different....?

Anyone know offhand (and I apologize if this has already been discussed) what the major differences will be between the Equinox and the Solstice?

The only one I've heard about are the color in the main dinning room is different....?

There is a theread on this site Celebrity Equinox -interior pictures.

You will find there a lot of awesome interior pictures!

Gene Sloan from USAToday wrote an article about the differences for Equinox.

http://blogs.usatoday.com/cruiselog/2009/06/live-from-germany-a-sneak-peak-at-celebritys-next-cruise-ship-the-celebrity-equinox.html

Mike

Hi, Mike!

Thanks for posting the article again. In addition to the items mentioned, the closet safe has been relocated to the desk area under the TV and the "X" that was etched on the balcony glass of the hump cabins is gone.

There is a theread on this site Celebrity Equinox -interior pictures.

You will find there a lot of awesome interior pictures!

Cvaty, here's the link to the pictures Andreas so kindly posted for us:

http://www.depping-design.de/test/index.php

Bonnie

Hi, Mike!

Thanks for posting the article again. In addition to the items mentioned, the closet safe has been relocated to the desk area under the TV and the "X" that was etched on the balcony glass of the hump cabins is gone.

Cvaty, here's the link to the pictures Andreas so kindly posted for us:

http://www.depping-design.de/test/index.php

Bonnie

Thank you, that´s very kind!!!

GKM. Garry, from our Equinox TA roll call posted the information about Celebrity's new enhancement program. I believe there's a thread on this board too.

This program rolls out on Equinox on July 31st and will be introduced to the rest of the fleet by the end of November.

Here's the link to Celebrity's press release:

http://www.rclinvestor.com/phoenix.zhtml?c=103045&p=irol-newsArticle&ID=1310808&highlight=

Bonnie

sounds a great idea to me, since i am an Equinox junky!!

Nancy

I understand. Watching all the posts for Solstice and sailing the inaugural voyage hasn't cured me either!

Bonnie--Great idea having this site. Looiking forward to meeting you and sailing Equinox in November.

I e-mailed Host Laura so hopefully a sticky will be created for us since there was one for Solstice last year. See you on the TA!

Bonnie

To anyone on the Equinox TA in November, hope your not in cabin 1040, because i am in it the two weeks before and i have decided after seeing all those fantastic picutres etc, I am not getting of her when we get back to rome I am going to stage a sit in and stay there until she comes back next spring!! anyody else for a mass sit in!!:D

Nancyxx

Cvaty,

Your welcome! Here's today's press release about the "Essence of Equinox":

http://www.rclinvestor.com/phoenix.zhtml?c=103045&p=irol-newsArticle&ID=1311508&highlight=

Bonnie

Bonnie, thanks for the link. It is good to read they are putting some of the artwork from Galaxy on Equinox. I'm going to have fun looking out for it:cool:

Phil

Thought this may be of interest

Wonderful

Outstanding

Wicked

What can I say if for me a ship comes near to perfection this could be it. Innovative ideas, Restaurants with a twist, design innovation all over, beautiful well thought out public areas, WOW factor all over.

Opening the curtains yesterday to see the Equinox 150 yards away was brilliant, somehow she conveyed an attitude which said I look great, I know my facilities are great, come and sample them you will enjoy, and boy was she right.

Embarkation, we arrived at about 10:45 and were in our cabin by 11:30 after being welcomed onboard with Champagne. Beware the sunset cabins are a long walk from the lifts and if you were dining in he speciality restaurants you walk from stern to mid-ships and back to stern. The Silhouette dining room is better as it is off the mid-ships atrium. Also as you can see from our pictures our cabin is hidden behind a large white door. This allows the suite and the cabin to have a private entrance if jointly booked.

Cabin 8347 was hours for 21 hours. Cabin to me felt narrow from headboard to opposite wall but from photos I had seen I expected this. Bed was comfortable and fittings excellent. Storage is not plentiful but for 10 to 14 days should be OK. Hairdryer is a trigger style - OH's advice is take your own. Plenty of lighting and the dimmer switch works well. The bathroom has an always on light. Bathroom is large with ample storage and a good sized shower with sliding doors. Balcony had 2 chairs and a table.

My Parents got a concierge cabin 9279 with all the perks, Champagne, Fruit, Flowers and canapés. Main difference was more pillows on the bed and a footstools on the balcony.

The Lawn - certainly different an adds something else to a ship. I was surprised by the area it took up. The glass blowing demonstration very informative and skilfull. Question what is the insurers reaction when you say look we want to put a couple of Ovens on deck, Ok. By the way we heat them to 2200 degrees farenheit.

Lunch was in the Oceanview Cafe large selection and it tasted great. With four off us travelling we sampled different things and enjoyed all.

Pool area is really nice with great deck furniture, this actually goes for all the deck furniture on the ship, well padded loungers, steamer chairs, differing styles of seats, chairs beds and hammocks.

Library reasonable number of books but very differently designed and a comfortable area to sit in.

Speciality restaurants the food sampling in all was great all of the restaurants are a visual delight and if the food is as good as the design then a treat awaits.

Blu Restaurant as we are eating in the Blu restaurant on Eclipse next October we were delighted with the size design and menu so we are really looking forward to it.

Silhouette Restaurant for main meal and breakfast - a stunning area with food to match. Wine according to the interactive TV starts at $23 a bottle with a number under $30.

Sky Lounge - visually awesome, a colossal bright spacious are by day a lively live band venue at night.

SPA missed the tour but seemed large, Gym too well equipped for my liking :eek:.

Bars were all different, sampled a couple and with the free pour measures there will be a few soreheads this morning.

Lots of music around the ship and a really good buzz from the passengers.

Bistro on 5 sneaked in here for a Crepe Suzette, lets just say I have a new cabin category for them - Crepe Class Staterooms with unlimited crepes per day, I could have sat there all day, the Crepe hit all the right spots.

Oh yes the free drinks - plentiful will say no more :D.

Anyway the link to all the photos is

http://picasaweb.google.com/clydecruiser/CelebrityEquinox#5362710177996572626

David--Thanks for posting such fantastic photos of your one-nighter on the Equinox. What a gorgeous ship and so different looking from any we have sailed on previously!! We can't wait until our Nov. 5th cruise.

I just have a question for you. You labeled many pictures of the Persian Garden. Does it have its own indoor pool, or is that pool available for all guests? We're in Aquaclass and know we have access to the Relaxation area and Persian Garden, but I thought they just had some special lounge chairs, not its own pool.

Thanks....Sandy

All great stuff--but torture for us...not booked on Equinox til Jan 2011!:(

Hope this thread continues to keep us up to date!

Luckily, we are returning to Solstice in Sept :) She's a great ship too!

Archived