Everything Equinox!

SailAway78

Thanks everyone!! She looks fabuloso:D

Only 4 days until we sail on the Maiden Voyage of this gorgeous vessel!!

You will have an amazing time. I wish I could have been on for a longer period. Everything is just so perfect.

Blu is my fav restaurant in terms of style. Just amazing.

215mqt.th.jpg

214dnl.th.jpg

And the amazing staff::

149ges.th.jpg

179u.th.jpg

224s.th.jpg

For all people who were on board I have just one more question.

I’ve already been on Soltice and there wasn’t a retractable clothes line in the showers. Can anyone tell me if there is on Equinox?

Thanks.

i was in 9153 on the 25/07/09 & there was no line in the shower & the hairdryer is very poor small trigger type & little power.

I dont remember also but Im wondering what these two silver button type things are in the shower!

078kci.th.jpg

BTW a new aid for Ladies wanting to shave their legs in the shower, A new metal foot bar with grips on the inside of the shower wall. :)

The little button thingies are just to hang a swimsuit off of... or something like that. There is no clothesline any longer. The shave bar is really nice.

When we were on Solstice in April, we talked with the hotel director about changes on S class and one of the things they might add on Eclipse is the clothesline and possibly putting the hairdryer back in the bathroom. Have to wait and see.

You will have an amazing time. I wish I could have been on for a longer period. Everything is just so perfect.

Blu is my fav restaurant in terms of style. Just amazing.

215mqt.th.jpg

214dnl.th.jpg

And the amazing staff::

149ges.th.jpg

179u.th.jpg

224s.th.jpg

Can you please answer a question about Blu? Is it reserved for Aquaclass cabins only? I was hoping it was a speciality restaurant open to all at a supplement. Thanks

Can you please answer a question about Blu? Is it reserved for Aquaclass cabins only? I was hoping it was a speciality restaurant open to all at a supplement. Thanks

It is reserved for Aqua Class only but... they do allow suite passengers to make reservations. I have not heard much feedback on regular rooms having a chance to reserve here. It's not treated as a specialty restaurant at all.

Thought this may be of interest

Wonderful

Outstanding

Wicked

What can I say if for me a ship comes near to perfection this could be it. Innovative ideas, Restaurants with a twist, design innovation all over, beautiful well thought out public areas, WOW factor all over.

Opening the curtains yesterday to see the Equinox 150 yards away was brilliant, somehow she conveyed an attitude which said I look great, I know my facilities are great, come and sample them you will enjoy, and boy was she right.

Embarkation, we arrived at about 10:45 and were in our cabin by 11:30 after being welcomed onboard with Champagne. Beware the sunset cabins are a long walk from the lifts and if you were dining in he speciality restaurants you walk from stern to mid-ships and back to stern. The Silhouette dining room is better as it is off the mid-ships atrium. Also as you can see from our pictures our cabin is hidden behind a large white door. This allows the suite and the cabin to have a private entrance if jointly booked.

Cabin 8347 was hours for 21 hours. Cabin to me felt narrow from headboard to opposite wall but from photos I had seen I expected this. Bed was comfortable and fittings excellent. Storage is not plentiful but for 10 to 14 days should be OK. Hairdryer is a trigger style - OH's advice is take your own. Plenty of lighting and the dimmer switch works well. The bathroom has an always on light. Bathroom is large with ample storage and a good sized shower with sliding doors. Balcony had 2 chairs and a table.

My Parents got a concierge cabin 9279 with all the perks, Champagne, Fruit, Flowers and canapés. Main difference was more pillows on the bed and a footstools on the balcony.

The Lawn - certainly different an adds something else to a ship. I was surprised by the area it took up. The glass blowing demonstration very informative and skilfull. Question what is the insurers reaction when you say look we want to put a couple of Ovens on deck, Ok. By the way we heat them to 2200 degrees farenheit.

Lunch was in the Oceanview Cafe large selection and it tasted great. With four off us travelling we sampled different things and enjoyed all.

Pool area is really nice with great deck furniture, this actually goes for all the deck furniture on the ship, well padded loungers, steamer chairs, differing styles of seats, chairs beds and hammocks.

Library reasonable number of books but very differently designed and a comfortable area to sit in.

Speciality restaurants the food sampling in all was great all of the restaurants are a visual delight and if the food is as good as the design then a treat awaits.

Blu Restaurant as we are eating in the Blu restaurant on Eclipse next October we were delighted with the size design and menu so we are really looking forward to it.

Silhouette Restaurant for main meal and breakfast - a stunning area with food to match. Wine according to the interactive TV starts at $23 a bottle with a number under $30.

Sky Lounge - visually awesome, a colossal bright spacious are by day a lively live band venue at night.

SPA missed the tour but seemed large, Gym too well equipped for my liking :eek:.

Bars were all different, sampled a couple and with the free pour measures there will be a few soreheads this morning.

Lots of music around the ship and a really good buzz from the passengers.

Bistro on 5 sneaked in here for a Crepe Suzette, lets just say I have a new cabin category for them - Crepe Class Staterooms with unlimited crepes per day, I could have sat there all day, the Crepe hit all the right spots.

Oh yes the free drinks - plentiful will say no more :D.

Anyway the link to all the photos is

http://picasaweb.google.com/clydecruiser/CelebrityEquinox#5362710177996572626

Question is the solarium open to all passengers or only AQ class passengers?

Does anyone know if the showerheads are detachable in concierge class staterooms? No I dont want to take one home with me, but I just wanted to know if they are fixed or are on the end of a hose.

Does anyone know if the showerheads are detachable in concierge class staterooms? No I dont want to take one home with me, but I just wanted to know if they are fixed or are on the end of a hose.

They are fixed. I thought I would have a problem with this... being I am short and love the adjustable type... but no problem at all. The new bathrooms are VERY nice. I usually have to use an over the door shoe thingy for all our "stuff" and you do NOT need it on this ship. The closet may be smaller, but they have done a great job on this new bathroom design. It was so nice to have everything stored away in the cabinet.

Sorry, I missed reminding everyone to check the Southampton port webcam to see Equinox sail. I caught a glimpse of her, but by the time I would have posted, she was out of view. So now I'm checking the webcam on Crown Princess to see if she catches up and we can see Equinox. I'm not too obsessed!

See:http://www.princess.com/bridgecams/kp/crown_bridgecam.html

Thanks to all for the pictures and reviews of your recent voyages on Equinox! It's definitely helping to live through your experiences until we sail on the Inaugural TA!

Floris,

Loved the video you posted too. Hope you and everyone onboard Equinox has a great time on the beautiful Fjords cruise. We'll look forward to hearing about it when you return.

Bonnie

Sorry, I missed reminding everyone to check the Southampton port webcam to see Equinox sail. I caught a glimpse of her, but by the time I would have posted, she was out of view. So now I'm checking the webcam on Crown Princess to see if she catches up and we can see Equinox. I'm not too obsessed!

See:http://www.princess.com/bridgecams/kp/crown_bridgecam.html

Bonnie

Bonnie - I've been watching all afternoon as well hoping to catch a glimpse. I think I captured a distant photo on the Southampton webcam, though. The webcam only updates every 10 minutes so it was pure luck that I saw her. Of course the Ventura and Ruby Princess had great shots! :rolleyes:

157065417_vtscamequinox.jpg.a63bb79c9a33bce371481a76bd1f7ff2.jpg

Dellas,

Glad to hear the WiFi worked well. I'll have my iTouch on the TA and I will take advantage of the WiFi minutes from the new Captain's Club perks.

Morris4me,

Yes, your picture is about the same time I saw her sail by.

I wish that Captain on Crown Princess would show us his binocular view from the bridge. LOL!

Bonnie

The photos are amazing . We are on the feb15th sailing. We are really looking forward to the solarium pool . I have a question if anyone can answer . Does Celebrity have anything in place to avoid chair hogs?

This is such a beautiful area , It would be a shame to have people put a book or t-shirt or magazine on the lounges and chairs to hold all day and only use them for 10 minutes and go do their ship things . We have seen this on many cruises and hope this are will be different .

Fran

Fran,

We never really had the time to sit by the pool :( You are right it's a beautiful area. I had drink with friends who had been on Solstice and funny enough this question came up. They said books and towels where removed from the sun beds I'm not sure how often it was done. My friend said the staff were very discrete with how they went about it. So it does seen as if they are policing the sun bed situation. It one of my pet hates too.

Here's a thread I saw announcing a "Chair Concierge":

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=1033289

Bonnie

Thank you to all for posting reviews and pictures. I just found out about this ship after coming off of Navigator in June. I am booked for August 2010 Sky level 1162... oh the anticipation! I know that I will be parked in these threads reading about your experiences.

I love cruising!

DivasDare!

Welcome to Cruise Critic and congratulations on booking your Equinox cruise. I always enjoyed our Royal Caribbean cruises but after our cruise on Millennium, Celebrity is our cruise line of choice. I'm sure you will love it!

I do understand the obsession and as one of our shipmates on the Equinox TA says, "I don't want the cure."

Bonnie

Archived