Miami airport to Ft. Lauderdale hotels

grandgeezer

Does anyone have any ideas on how to get from Miami airport to any of the hotels in the Ft. Lauderdale cruise dock area? We haven't picked the hotel yet. Looking for the most economical/easiest way to do it. I don't think a cab or limo would fit this requirement. I was thinking more along the lines of some type of shuttle or it's equalivent. As stated in a previous post, we are coming into Miami (air price) the day before cruising out of Ft. Lauderdale.

Check for the airport waiting area for informal shuttles and shared cabs if you don't make the arrangements ahead of time. The bad part is they don't leave until they fill up if it is available. We did it that way in Ft. Lauderdale airport.

Last December we rented a full-sized Enterprise car for a total of $20.96, including all fees and taxes except for insurance which we declined. Took Enterprise shuttle from MIA, picked up the car at their lot, dropped the car next day at the Enterprise near our hotel, got free ride back to the hotel.

I think the rental prices were fairly high until about a month out. Enterprise website does not permit a booking with pick up one place and drop elsewhere in Florida ... called and arranged thru 866-307-1773. No one-way fee was involved.

Archived