And You Know You're Addicted To Sea Dream When?

• 3 weeks later...

You decide your carpet doesn't really need to be cleaned . . . your hardwood floors don't need to be refinished . .. forget painting . . . . you'd much rather spend the time on SD then in your land based home!

Looking at the SD crossing pictures, there's a couple on board (I won't mention names), but she's already told her husband that when he goes, she's booking her permanent cabin on SD (she has no doubt that he will go first)!

FT

Edited by frequent traveler

• 4 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

I knew that this was an excellent idea for a thread when FT started it back in July. That has now been confirmed by the appearance of the identical topic (with several of our suggestions) on page 6 of the current edition of The SeaDreamer.

Well done, FT!

I knew that this was an excellent idea for a thread when FT started it back in July. That has now been confirmed by the appearance of the identical topic (with several of our suggestions) on page 6 of the current edition of The SeaDreamer.

Well done, FT!

thank you very much . . . our copy hasn't arrived yet . . . I look foward to reading . . . knew I should have trademarked the phrase:rolleyes:

FT

• 1 month later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

(Hope you don't mind me jumping in here.... this is a thread I can definitely identify with!)

1. You and your DH decide to book a last minute, 9 day SD cruise in order to surprise a wonderful couple whom you had originally met on SD a few years before (and, well, to be totally honest... those bottomless glasses of painkillers and champagne were also calling :p).

2. You don't post on this board a lot but you do come here for your daily "fix" of SD, knowing there are others here who completely understand and support your addiction.

3. You are empathetic whenever a poster's review comes to an end because you KNOW how hard it will be for them to leave SD the morning of departure.

CDreamer (4 SD cruises, looking fwd to Norway, 2011 and living vicariously through this board in the meantime)

• 1 month later...

Okay, my question is how many SeaDream cruisers are addicted to SeaDream as opposed to luxury cruising in general? Do people that have cruised the other luxury lines--Crystal, Seabourn, RSSC--and then try SeaDream find themselves addicted to SeaDream and unable to go back to those lines as well as (shudder) the "mass market" lines?

I have already travelled in Silversea, Crystal, Ponant and Seabourn, all of them delighfull but completely different. I will be on board on SDII next week and I will be able to tell if I become addicted.

Okay, my question is how many SeaDream cruisers are addicted to SeaDream as opposed to luxury cruising in general? Do people that have cruised the other luxury lines--Crystal, Seabourn, RSSC--and then try SeaDream find themselves addicted to SeaDream and unable to go back to those lines as well as (shudder) the "mass market" lines?

I don't think we qualify to answer your question since we haven't tried the other luxury lines - one primary reason -- I refuse to take formal clothes on a vacation. I will not be told how to dress to eat in public places or appear after 6 pm. And the larger the ships get, the more likely there are to be lines and crowds so I'm less likely to try to larger ships but I love reading the comments of others . . . . I hope DisneyJen and DJ's DH weigh in here

FT

We love Regent - all of our cruises so far have been on that line - but we're considering SeaDream in the Med next year for our 25th anniversary. We're willing to become addicted, especially since Regent seems to be moving more toward longer (12,14,21 day) cruises. We're still in our working years and need shorter itineraries right now.

I don't think we qualify to answer your question since we haven't tried the other luxury lines - one primary reason -- I refuse to take formal clothes on a vacation. I will not be told how to dress to eat in public places or appear after 6 pm. And the larger the ships get, the more likely there are to be lines and crowds so I'm less likely to try to larger ships but I love reading the comments of others . . . . I hope DisneyJen and DJ's DH weigh in here

FT

That´s indeed a good point. The worst of most cruise lines and specially in the luxury ones, it´s dress code. Packing tuxedo, suits and many other things as most of them are really nice but stiff. I do love the idea of full freedom SD seems to offer.

We have sailed SD and Seabourn ... We are definitely addicted to SD!

When we had an extended family cruise we sailed in a suite on HAL and it didn't even come to close to either luxury experience. So I guess we are addicted to luxury cruising as well.:p

FT

I also refuse to be told how to dress, and where to be. This is my vacation, and I want the flexibility of doing what I want, when I want to.

While I realize DJ likes to "dress-up" once and a while (not me!), I can say with great confidence that she is more than relaxed with the "casual elegance" afforded by Sea Dream.

It is what you make of it - you can get "formal nights" on almost any luxury, mid-size, or mass-market cruise line. I love SD for the lack thereof.:D

When you have already checked in to see if FT/Zqvol have started reporting yet.:eek:

Started reporting . . . I'm still working on laundry . . .

but to stay on topic,

You know you're addicted when you leave tomorrow!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:D

Started reporting . . . I'm still working on laundry . . .

but to stay on topic,

You know you're addicted when you leave tomorrow!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:D

Ooops! Thought it was today. What do I know?:D Bon voyage anyway.

Jim & Lois.