Heathrow to Hotel

I need a bit of advice for our trip from Heathrow to our Hotel, Hilton Tower Bridge.

We are arriving Heathrow on American Airlines, so I assume we will be at terminal 3.

If we want to take the Heathrow Express bus to Victoria, is the bus far from Terminal 3, and if so, would it be easy or hard to navigate it with a fair amount of luggage??. Is it a straight walk, or are there steps involved??

Now, from Victoria, we would take a taxi to our hotel. Once again, when we arrive at Victoria, are the taxi's right there at the bus depot, or do you have to navigate out of the depot to get a taxi?? Again, are there any steps involved??

Are there any sort of luggage transport at any of these locations, like carts or porters to help with the luggage??

Once again thanks for any help.

I need a bit of advice for our trip from Heathrow to our Hotel, Hilton Tower Bridge.

We are arriving Heathrow on American Airlines, so I assume we will be at terminal 3.

If we want to take the Heathrow Express bus to Victoria, is the bus far from Terminal 3, and if so, would it be easy or hard to navigate it with a fair amount of luggage??. Is it a straight walk, or are there steps involved??

Now, from Victoria, we would take a taxi to our hotel. Once again, when we arrive at Victoria, are the taxi's right there at the bus depot, or do you have to navigate out of the depot to get a taxi?? Again, are there any steps involved??

Are there any sort of luggage transport at any of these locations, like carts or porters to help with the luggage??

Once again thanks for any help.

The Heathrow Express is a train to Paddington not a bus to Victoria.

I think you must be referring to the National Express bus from Heathrow to Victoria. This starts from the bus station. This is a 10 minute walk from Terminal 3. Its fairly staright forward you descend a ramp within Terminal 3, then using moving walkways underground to lifts that take you up to the bus station. Note the baggage limit on theses buses are 2 x 20kg (44lb) cases per passenger.

Victoria Coach Station is a single level place with taxi's outside. Taxi should be in the 11-13 GBP range.

I think you would be pleasantly surprised if you got someone like Simply Airports or Just Airports to quote you for a private car all the way from airport to hotel. You seem to be willing to go through a lot to save relatively insignificant sums.

handfordr

I checked out the two names you gave me, and they are fairly reasonable. Is the price per car, or per passenger?? (price was quoted as 34-39 pounds, depending on type of car)

What I am confused about is the type of car they are offering. We are two adults with two regular suitcases, 2 smaller suitcases and a couple of carry on (small duffeles). The sites say 4 passengers and 2 cases or 4 passengers and 4 cases. There are none for 2 passengers and say 4 cases. What they consider cases, are they like for large type suitcases, or any type suitcases. Our large ones aren't tremendous, just large. If we have more luggage than they assume, do they charge you more??

handfordr

I checked out the two names you gave me, and they are fairly reasonable. Is the price per car, or per passenger?? (price was quoted as 34-39 pounds, depending on type of car)

What I am confused about is the type of car they are offering. We are two adults with two regular suitcases, 2 smaller suitcases and a couple of carry on (small duffeles). The sites say 4 passengers and 2 cases or 4 passengers and 4 cases. There are none for 2 passengers and say 4 cases. What they consider cases, are they like for large type suitcases, or any type suitcases. Our large ones aren't tremendous, just large. If we have more luggage than they assume, do they charge you more??

Price is per car. If there are two people travelling with 4 cases the smallest car should do.

These two address the low cost taxi Heathrow - London market and are probably the biggest/most respected.

The only thing you have to watch for is waiting times. Most of these companies only allow 45 or 60 minutes after the flight arrives before they start clocking waiting time, its relatively small but do look at the small print.

In reality you'll take about an hour to get through customs/baggage at Heathrow at the moment and they'll normally ignore the waiting time surcharge - its aimed at those who take liberties and fancy visiting the duty free shops whilst the driver hangs around outside.

Companies like Woodford are a different market and will be significantly more expensive.

Archived