Wine glasses in rooms?

TiggerG

We plan to take our own wine on board and will likely consume some in our room.:D

Does each cabin have wine glasses?:confused: What about other glass ware? Is there a small fridge in the Cabins?:confused:

We have never sailed before and I keep coming up with questions that I have not found on the Threads.

Thanks for all replies :)

There are regular "generic" wine glasses in the room. If you require something more specific (i.e. champagne, port, etc.) or nicer glasses like Riedel, just ask your steward.

You can also get some from the bars.

It depends on the cabin category.

Woody

We have guaranteed BB, with deck. Probably the lower end of the cabin categorys?

Could you direct me to someplace that I can find out about the cabin categorys?

Thanks, TiggerG:o

If you do not have wine glasses on the desk or in the cabinet, ask your steward.

On the Amsterdam, all cabins with verandahs (PS, SA, SB, A thru BC) have mini-bars. The deck plans for each ship on HAL's site have brief descriptions of what is included in each cabin.

Zoom in on page 6 of this pdf: http://book.hollandamerica.com/pdfs/fleet/next/am.pdf

If you are in a BB veranda suite, you'll have a refrigerator.

Our veranda suite had an assortment of glassware, including champagne glasses, red wine glasses, and white wine glasses.

Woody

Here is the deck plan for the Amsterdam: http://book.hollandamerica.com/fleet/deckPlan.do?ship=am&deck=v&year=next

From there, you can pretty much cruise all over your ship. Just click on the various decks and you can print each if you desire. That way you can see which was to go from your stateroom to the different eating/drinking venues and shows. Enjoy!!

Planning is fun! :):)

We have guaranteed BB, with deck. Probably the lower end of the cabin categorys?

Hardly! Take it from a confirmed cave-dweller. There's lots of outside and inside categories below BB. Lots of 'em! :D

Somewhat oddly, even though I have sent myself in-cabin bon voyage wine through HAL, I have had to repeatedly ask for a day or even two to get wine glasses and a corkscrew - the wine itself was waiting for me on arrival!:confused:

The only glitch I can recall in otherwise exemplary cabin service -

experienced on all three HAL cruises I have taken.

You see folks walking around with their wine glasses - so nothing will stop you from ordering a glass of wine at a lounge and then walking it back to your room and then use the glass for your own wine.

Thanks to a post on this site I brought my own corkscrew. I heard more than a few folks on board trying to get one from their cabin steward (who took some time and had to go find one) or unsuccessfully buy one in the gift shop.

We brought our own corkscrew. No wine glasses in the room but we asked for them in the AM and they arrived that night. Filled the ice ourselves-could never find our steward.

Where did you get your ice?

I have always thought ice machines would be good idea. If you want ice for your pre-dinner drinks that is at the time that cabin stewards are off duty.

Even when we are deep cave dwellers on HAL, we have always had two wine glasses in the room. (For OP, by deep cave dwellers I mean inside cabins on the lowest decks passengers reside. We avoid "nosebleeds" (kidding) and ship action is rough waters down there, but we can still drink our wine.

Seems like half the time we've had wine glasses in the cabin upon arrival and half the time not (even though I usually pre-order a bottle of Bon Voyage red wine). Same with corkscrew. As others have said, your room steward will bring you wine glasses. He will also bring a corkscrew, but I pack my own portable corkscrew.

On both the Zaandam and Ryndam our cabin steward told us to call room service when we requested wine glasses. They were never replaced, so learned to ask for 4 at a time so we were good for a couple of days :-)

Archived