Live from Tahitian B2B Transatlantic

paul929207

Hi Paul - we got off the Tahitian in New York and OHHHH did I want to return to Dover with you. There is so much special about the Tahitian, but here's the exceptionally exeptional: anyone interested in computer classes, Gloria is the best I've ever encountered on Princess - everybody seemed to agree. For entertainment - I understand they stayed on for at least a while with you - Kyle Esplin, Jerry Lee Lewis clone - and "Voice of an Angel" Phillippa Healy. Truly amazing. And of course you're lucky to have the best CD and ACD of all: JJ and Frankie.

Denise

Did you talk to anyone that did the activities at Nanotalik? Am interested because we are doing the TA on the Crown in Sept and we will be stopping there. Just wondering if they are worth it. Thanks for any info you might get.

Dottie

Hi Paul - we got off the Tahitian in New York and OHHHH did I want to return to Dover with you. There is so much special about the Tahitian, but here's the exceptionally exeptional: anyone interested in computer classes, Gloria is the best I've ever encountered on Princess - everybody seemed to agree. For entertainment - I understand they stayed on for at least a while with you - Kyle Esplin, Jerry Lee Lewis clone - and "Voice of an Angel" Phillippa Healy. Truly amazing. And of course you're lucky to have the best CD and ACD of all: JJ and Frankie.

Denise

Phillippa has performed twice so far. I have not seen Kyle. JJ & Frankie have been taking good care of us. I am not sure about them, but the dancers will all leave in Dover. The new group is practicing away. Several of the new were with us in the Amazon in March, so it is nice to see them again.

Sorry couldn't work out how to get the words under the photo. Just copied the photo above from DD,s, she is also on TP.

The two Greenland days were a parade of icebergs. It was wonderful. Stef took a very nice picture.

Did you talk to anyone that did the activities at Nanotalik? Am interested because we are doing the TA on the Crown in Sept and we will be stopping there. Just wondering if they are worth it. Thanks for any info you might get.

Dottie

One friend went to the church to hear thechoir. She said it was very good.

One friend went to the church to hear thechoir. She said it was very good.

August 2 – At Sea

Woke up to another beautiful morning. There is lots of blue sky. We have not heard a temperature, but I would guess in the low 40’s. Today will be a quiet day, with a few lectures and of course, Trivia.

For those on this cruise in a few weeks, we turn the clock ahead during the night before each sea day so far. One hour the first sea day and each of the two sea days between Greenland and Iceland. It was 30 minutes the sea days before and after St. Anthony, NF.

The two Greenland days were a parade of icebergs. It was wonderful. Stef took a very nice picture.

Paul it looks very beautiful but was it a bit scary when you think how much of them is below the water. Stef has been lucky as she has seen some amazing places during her 6 months onboard.

Ruth

Paul it looks very beautiful but was it a bit scary when you think how much of them is below the water. Stef has been lucky as she has seen some amazing places during her 6 months onboard.

Ruth

Ruth,

I looked fr Stef today, but never ran into her. I was going to tell her how nice the picture was.

The captain always kept some distance between us and the bergs.

August 2 – At Sea

Mid morning and the weather has turned poor. Temperature is about 50. It is cloudy, windy and there are on and off showers. There is no problem getting a chair at the pool. But it is still a great day to be at sea.

We won at trivia yesterday (Saturday) afternoon and again this morning. So we are now each the proud owners of two Princess gold medals. Two of our partners are our dinner tablemates. We met them playing trivia on the Tahitian in Alaska last summer.

This was the second formal night and the Captain’s Circle party. There are over 520 members on the ship. This include about 200 Gold, 210 Platinum and 110 Elite. That leaves about 150 first timers. The top three had about 720, 605 and 592 days. In a shocking turn of events, we won one of the bottles of champagne in the drawing. Yeah!!

August 3 – At sea

This morning most of the ship is sleeping in. The last two nights, we have turned the clocks ahead an hour. We did not get up until about 8am. Shortly after we got up to the buffet, there was a whale sighting. There was one or more orca whales off the port side. We saw it surface several times. We also saw a rainbow for a couple of minutes.

Paul, this has been a very interesting review so far. i do have a question. When you were going through the "bergs" did you think about how the Titantic people felt. That would have been the first thing on my mind. Just curious. Congrats on winning the champagne and Trivia.

Marilyn

Great updates! We have friends on this cruise doing the B2B, and we leave for London on Friday to join up with all of you for the return leg. Really looking forward to it! Hope the icebergs don't melt by then!

Paul, this has been a very interesting review so far. i do have a question. When you were going through the "bergs" did you think about how the Titantic people felt. That would have been the first thing on my mind. Just curious. Congrats on winning the champagne and Trivia.

Marilyn

It is hard not to think of the Titanic as we passed the icebergs. One consolation is that most of the bergs were in the harbor or within sight of land.

I look forward to meeting you on board.

Have you joined the rollcall? we will have a meet and greet in the Tahitian Lounge (Deck 10 forward) on August 13the from 2 to 3.

Who are your friends? We had lunch with Tom & Mary who said they had friends joining us in Dover.

August 3 – At Sea (Continued)

We continue to cruise from Greenland to Iceland. Temperature is about 50, occasional drizzle, and windy. Saw three boys in pool this afternoon.

August 4 – Grundarjordur

Today is the first of three consecutive days in Iceland. Grundarjordur is a small town of about 1000. It is at the end of a long Fjord. There is not much to the town itself. There are two banks, one grocery store, three restaurants and two handicraft stores. At 11am outside the information center in the middle of town there is a nice folklore show. It is an easy 10 minute or so walk to town mostly on sidewalks. The walk is level.

We won at trivia yesterday (Saturday) afternoon and again this morning. So we are now each the proud owners of two Princess gold medals. Two of our partners are our dinner tablemates. We met them playing trivia on the Tahitian in Alaska last summer.

Congratulations on winning trivia.

Marilee

I look forward to meeting you on board.

Have you joined the rollcall? we will have a meet and greet in the Tahitian Lounge (Deck 10 forward) on August 13the from 2 to 3.

Who are your friends? We had lunch with Tom & Mary who said they had friends joining us in Dover.

Our friends are Peter and Caryn from Australia. She won the Elvis impersonating contest at the '50s night a few days back, so you might have seen her then. If not look for a tall skinny lady in her 40s with an Australian accent - there shouldn't be too many of them.

I didn't join the roll call as I am brand new to the forums; figured it was too late for that. Suppose I should... See you next week, if I ever finish packing. JP and Chris

August 4 – Grundarjordur (Continued)

We sailed about 30 minutes late because one of the ship’s tours was late getting back. As we sail away, we have a beautiful view of a snow capped extinct volcano from our port side balcony.

I forgot to mention that the town provided a free shuttle into town. It was not mentioned on the ship. We did not know about it until we were just about back to the tender pier and happened to see the shuttle pulling out.

August 5 – Isafjordur

We are at anchor just off the town. Lots of rain this morning. We are going to stay onboard until the weather improves.

In Isafjordur, we are anchored in a narrow fjord. As a result, we have no satellite reception for TV or internet.

We are out of the Fjord and the internet is back up. Of course as the last tender approached the ship, the skies cleared.

Thanks much for the updates, Paul. Loved all the info about Greenland and Iceland.

We're leaving tomorrow and will be in Dover on Sunday. I'm still packing, as I'm having a hard time deciding what clothes to take and what to leave.

See you soon!

Martha and Sam

Archived