Live from Tahitian B2B Transatlantic

paul929207

David, I missed seeing this post of yours last week... where did you pull up that map image showing the location of the TP approaching Torshavn?

Hi Paul,

That map is from the sea scanner site.

You can link to it by clicking on

http://*****/

and following the links for current ships position.

27tp1.jpg

Hi Paul,

That map is from the sea scanner site.

You can link to it by clicking on

http://*****/

and following the links for current ships position.

27tp1.jpg

Thanks so much David... I had found some info on **********, but not that particular link. Great tool to pass on to our friends and family to track us when we're off cruising again too.

We have reached our final port - Sydney, Nova Scotia. It is a nice little town (26,000 residents). The streets are clean and the people are vey friendly. We just took a walk into town (less than 10 minutes away) and walked around for an hour or so. There is also a shuttle bus to town for $5/person each way.

After Sydney, we have two days at sea and then we arrive in NYC and debark :(

I hope you are enjoying (enjoyed?) my hometown of Sydney. I can actually see the Tahitian Princess right now from my house!

We had a great time in Sidney. We are on the side facing away from the dock. Is that toward your house? We are n deck 6, the first cabin behind the tenders/lifeboats.

We had a great time in Sidney. We are on the side facing away from the dock. Is that toward your house? We are n deck 6, the first cabin behind the tenders/lifeboats.

It is more or less pointing towards my house but it is farther down the harbour - I am a good 8 km from where you are not just across the harbour there.

We were scheduled to leave Sydney at 5pm today and arrive in NYC Sunday at 7:15am. Our departure has been delayed by very high winds. The earliest we will leave is 5am tomorrow (Friday). Add in Hurricane Danny and we may be at sea for a while :)

The official report is that they expect an on time arrival in NYC.

We sailed from Sidney at 5:10am this morning. That is about 12 hours behind schedule. The Captain says we will have no trouble making up the lost time and he expects an on time arrival in NYC. Of course, that assumes that Hurricane Danny is not too much trouble.

Paul, hopefully you will sail away from the rockin and rollin soon, I know it can get rough out there. Been there, done that, hurricane season is a real crap shoot.

Best of luck, I hope you make up that lost time and make it back to port on schedule. And thanks for all the live reports. ;)

We were still "enjoying" Danny when this was taken. So, yes, there was alot of rocky yesterday afternoon.

We made it back. The Tahitian Princess docked in Brooklyn about 8am this morning, about 45 minutes late. Debarkation started late. We were due off at 8:30, but it was 9:00 or so when they called us. We are not at Newark Airport awaiting our 3pm filight home.

The cruise was wonderful.

We made it back. The Tahitian Princess docked in Brooklyn about 8am this morning, about 45 minutes late. Debarkation started late. We were due off at 8:30, but it was 9:00 or so when they called us. We are not at Newark Airport awaiting our 3pm filight home.

The cruise was wonderful.

Welcome home. I followed you all the way. Stay tuned for my LIVE. I think I'll start it from the cruisetour in Fairbanks and just continue. Of course it depends on Alaskan wifi capability, and I do have my new little blue ASUS to keep me happy.

Have a safe flight.

Archived