Bermuda wedding during NCL cruise?

Hi everyone!

I'm new to this board so please bare with me. My fiance and I are planning on getting married in Bermuda during a cruise there on the NCL Dawn next May. I got a quote from NCL on planning the wedding through them. Their quote was almost $2000 more than every other place I have contacted in Bermuda for LESS services. Needless to say we are going with a wedding planner in Bermuda. I am highly considering Bermuda Bride. Has anyone ever used them? Were also looking for a ceremony location. I've been thinking Astwood Park, but I am more than open to suggestions. We are coming into Kings Wharf and was thinking we would like to stay close to there, as we will have to rent a cab to go back and forth a few times. Our idea of the wedding, as of right now is :

Ceremony at Astwood Park. Very simple. Only 10-15 people

Dinner at Cagneys Steakhouse (or if theres a better option on board for a nice formal dinner?)

Sunset Catamaran Tour along the shore to conclude the day.

In my head it looks amazing, though I've never taken a cruise or been to Bermuda. I would like the opinion of someone who has done both. Thank you so much for your time and responses!

We where married in Bermuda in May. It was wonderful. I've never heard any complaints from Bermuda Bride. We cruise RCCL and it was everything we could imagine and more. I think your plan sounds good, however you have to figure out timing for getting back to the ship, through security, to dinner, eat, then back off the ship for your tour. Timing is the hardest part.

We did our wedding at 6pm, scheduled our dinner reservations for 930pm. We had to wait a little bit, but it wasn't to bad. Doing something after dinner is the hard part, because you have to hope they're going to take you on time for dinner then how long is it going to actually take? Cagney's is a great choice however. When we did a NCL cruise a few years ago, we had dinner there twice it was so good.

If you have any other questions, there's a few of us Bermuda brides that can help. GL in planning!

Hi There,

I'm using Bermuda Bride as well and I'm also getting married in May 2010. We are sailing out of Boston of NCL Spirit and hopefully I will be getting married on the 17th while in port. Nicole has been really helpful and has answered most of my preliminary questions. I have sent her details as to what I would like when I arrive. I haven't heard from her yet but I would assume that she is quite busy at the moment. But still I have a lot of confidence in her.

• 4 weeks later...
Hi There,

I'm using Bermuda Bride as well and I'm also getting married in May 2010. We are sailing out of Boston of NCL Spirit and hopefully I will be getting married on the 17th while in port. Nicole has been really helpful and has answered most of my preliminary questions. I have sent her details as to what I would like when I arrive. I haven't heard from her yet but I would assume that she is quite busy at the moment. But still I have a lot of confidence in her.

Could you tell me more about your experience w/ Bermuda Bride? Do you have any of your details worked out yet? Photographer? Location? We are going in Oct to talk to people, check out locations and take engagement photos.

Hi everyone!

I'm new to this board so please bare with me. My fiance and I are planning on getting married in Bermuda during a cruise there on the NCL Dawn next May. I got a quote from NCL on planning the wedding through them. Their quote was almost $2000 more than every other place I have contacted in Bermuda for LESS services. Needless to say we are going with a wedding planner in Bermuda. I am highly considering Bermuda Bride. Has anyone ever used them? Were also looking for a ceremony location. I've been thinking Astwood Park, but I am more than open to suggestions. We are coming into Kings Wharf and was thinking we would like to stay close to there, as we will have to rent a cab to go back and forth a few times. Our idea of the wedding, as of right now is :

Ceremony at Astwood Park. Very simple. Only 10-15 people

Dinner at Cagneys Steakhouse (or if theres a better option on board for a nice formal dinner?)

Sunset Catamaran Tour along the shore to conclude the day.

In my head it looks amazing, though I've never taken a cruise or been to Bermuda. I would like the opinion of someone who has done both. Thank you so much for your time and responses!

Bermuda is beautiful!!! You will love it.

We are going to look at the following beaches:

Stone Hole Bay

Chaplin Bay

Warwick Long Bay

Jobsons Cove

I fell in love w/ Stone Hole Bay when I looked at this web album of a wedding there. http://web.me.com/bdaboy/Gallery/mark%26janice.html

We are getting married in Bermuda June 2010. Heading there in October to check places out and make final decisions. Lot's of research to do until then!!! Excited though.

As almost a neighbor, (we are from Troy) I'll tell you the problem my daughter had

She got married on Princess while at sea We were assured it would be legal as the ship registry was Bermuda. When she returned and tried to change her license she was denied (and yes she had the legal marriage certificate) NY does not recognize out of country marriages. She had to be ""remarried"" at city hall on her way to work!

I had another friend who discovered this prior to her Antigua wedding and had a civil ceremony before leaving for her wedding there. From what I gather NY is the only state with this law.

So please check prior.

I'm a little late chiming in, but I thought I'd share my experience as well.

I was married in May of 2007 in Bermuda while on an NCL cruise. The wedding turned out wonderfully, and I loved cruising to the island. The only downside to the wedding trip was there wasn't enough time on the island! I just love Bermuda after living there for five years when I was younger, it seemed like I blinked and the trip was over.

Planning was a whole other story. We went with NCL's planning company, The Wedding Experience. The wedding may have turned out perfectly, but communication throughout the planning process was a bit of a challenge. Our phone contact changed three times in the year we spent working with them, and each time our information had to be reconfirmed. Each of the girls we worked with was extremely nice, so no problem customer service wise, it just seemed like they were unorganized most of the time. I would definitely suggest going with an onside coordinator and cut out the hassle of the middle man TWE tends to be.

We had our ceremony at Coco Reef Resort on their beach, with cake and champagne on their pool deck immediately following. For our reception, we had dinner at an island restaurant I always loved, La Trattoria. The whole day was exactly what I had hoped for: simple, elegant, and fun.

I hope all of you have amazing weddings! There really is no bad choice when it comes to locations in Bermuda, the whole island is beautiful.

Happy Planning!

Archived