Swim Diapers - only ok on Carnival?

chaloop

I realize this is an old post, but I've been on 8 Carnival cruises (7 with kids and 9th booked for March).  No one has EVER said anything to us about not being able to use swim diapers in the pools.  My daughter was 13 months on our last cruise and in the pools multiple times a day and not one person said anything to us.  My nephew was on 3 cruises before 3 years old and still this is the first time I've heard anything about it.  Since this post is from 2009 it's obviously not a new rule.  Is it just not enforced?

12 hours ago, cbiles33 said:

I realize this is an old post, but I've been on 8 Carnival cruises (7 with kids and 9th booked for March).  No one has EVER said anything to us about not being able to use swim diapers in the pools.  My daughter was 13 months on our last cruise and in the pools multiple times a day and not one person said anything to us.  My nephew was on 3 cruises before 3 years old and still this is the first time I've heard anything about it.  Since this post is from 2009 it's obviously not a new rule.  Is it just not enforced?

The requirement from the USPH against swim diapers has been part of the Vessel Sanitation Program for over 20 years.  You can see my long post above regarding why it is flirting with danger for the cruise line to not enforce the rule, but some lines don't enforce it, Carnival probably being the worst about it, but the front line crew are trained to not displease the guest, so they don't say anything.  It is a corporate laxity about the VSP and sanitation in general that gets the ships into problems with failing scores on USPH inspections, and the resultant bad PR.

17 hours ago, cbiles33 said:

And this is yet another reason why I will never again set foot on another Carnival ship. 

• 3 weeks later...
On 7/29/2009 at 6:39 PM, cb at sea said:

You wouldn't really want to be in the water with feces contained in a water-permeable sack, would you? That's what a swim-diaper is..... just because it holds solids in, doesn't mean the water doesn't circulate through it.....ick.

I think cleanliness of adult pools is largely illusion. Because as we know adults don't do disgusting things in the water or have incontinence issues.... I hate ships with swim up bars. But to answer op, on a ship a baby zone has to have a seperate filtration system that not all ships have. 

• 4 months later...