Upgrade cost

The cost would be to the full brochure rate.

This is not correct

AFTER you check in and get your Sea Pass, visit the PIER COORDINATOR's office (usually to the right of the check-in counters)

They will have a complete list of cabins that are still available and the price to upgrade from your current stateroom will be a fraction of the cost of the brochure rate ;) Try it. You may end up with something nice!!

Just curious - when was the last time anyone was ACTUALLY able to do this? I remember back when I first joined CC eons ago (don't remember when, I know my history was dropped when they last upgraded the site so I had to rejoin), it was quite common but I haven't heard reports of anyone doing it for quite some time.

Just curious - when was the last time anyone was ACTUALLY able to do this? I remember back when I first joined CC eons ago (don't remember when, I know my history was dropped when they last upgraded the site so I had to rejoin), it was quite common but I haven't heard reports of anyone doing it for quite some time.

I wonder this, too. We ask every single time and are always rebuffed.

We had the opportunity to upgrade from D1 to GS on the Brilliance E. Med/Egypt cruise from Barcelona in January 09. Our split second decision (there was a very long line behind us anxious to do the same thing, or get the cabins vacated as people moved up) was not to do it at $1600 (or $800 ea.) but I am still sorry we didn't do it. After doing the math we still would have gotten a fantastic cabin at thousands less, since we were still on combinable discounts for that cruise and had a very low rate for the D1 cabin.

We have asked at every sailing but so far this was the only one we even had the opportunity to upgrade at the pier. So it is always worth it to check.

Last cruise this Feb on Celebrity, big sign- full cruise (to that affect) no cabin changes no upgrades, etc.

Well, according to my cabin steward he only had 8 cabins (out of a possible 10). So why does the cruiseline deliberately misrepresent ?

I had a great cabin (a FV) for 2 pax... so I was observant but not motivated to change, except that this was a very slow sailing in terms of bookings and I was watching the suites....

Last cruise this Feb on Celebrity, big sign- full cruise (to that affect) no cabin changes no upgrades, etc.

Well, according to my cabin steward he only had 8 cabins (out of a possible 10). So why does the cruiseline deliberately misrepresent ?

I had a great cabin (a FV) for 2 pax... so I was observant but not motivated to change, except that this was a very slow sailing in terms of bookings and I was watching the suites....

The Pier Coordinator couldn't possibly know that occupants of a booked cabin will show up by the end of the day. Do you think it may have been last minute no-shows? Or join at the next port?

I think these prices are still valid...

Cost per cabin

From INSIDE to

Royal Suite - $1500

Suite - $1000

Balcony - $600

Outside - $300

Inside - $100

From OUTSIDE to

Royal Suite - $1200

Suite - $700

Balcony - $300

Outside - $100

From BALCONY to

Royal Suite - $1000

Suite - $400

Balcony - $100

From SUITE to

Royal Suite - $800

Suite - $400

The Pier Coordinator couldn't possibly know that occupants of a booked cabin will show up by the end of the day. Do you think it may have been last minute no-shows? Or join at the next port?

The Pier Coordinator is for unbooked (closed) cabins only, while no shows are booked by the Pursers Desk, (Hotel Manager).

Most ships NEVER sail with all cabins booked. . . There are usually a few cabins left for domestic disputes, or other problems after sailing. . . .

Here is the list as of 2008. It was in use while I was on Liberty of the Seas.

They offered many cabins for possible upgrade, but I was in a D2 and there were no Suites left. . . . only E2's, and D2's

The prices below are for 7 Night Cruises only, and are Per Cabin Cost. . . not P/P. (Pier Coordinator Prices Only)

There is no set pricing for On Board U/G's. . .

Good Luck ! ;)

Radio

:rolleyes::rolleyes:

RCI Upgrades

From INSIDE to

Royal Suite - $1500

Suite - $1000

Balcony - $600

Outside - $300

Inside - $100

From OUTSIDE to

Royal Suite - $1200

Suite - $700

Balcony - $300

Outside - $100

From BALCONY to

Royal Suite - $1000

Suite - $400

Balcony - $100

From SUITE to

Royal Suite - $800

Suite - $400

We had the opportunity to upgrade from D1 to GS on the Brilliance E. Med/Egypt cruise from Barcelona in January 09. Our split second decision (there was a very long line behind us anxious to do the same thing, or get the cabins vacated as people moved up) was not to do it at $1600 (or $800 ea.) but I am still sorry we didn't do it. After doing the math we still would have gotten a fantastic cabin at thousands less, since we were still on combinable discounts for that cruise and had a very low rate for the D1 cabin.

We have asked at every sailing but so far this was the only one we even had the opportunity to upgrade at the pier. So it is always worth it to check.

How long was this cruise? According to the rates posted by others, it should have cost no more than $400 extra for the entire cabin (balcony to suite) for a 7 night cruise. How could they be asking $1,600?

We are considering upgrading from an inside to a balcony cabin on our 9 night cruise in November. To do so now would cost about $1k total for the cabin. Should we wait until the day of departure to see what they are offering?

How long was this cruise? According to the rates posted by others, it should have cost no more than $400 extra for the entire cabin (balcony to suite) for a 7 night cruise. How could they be asking $1,600?

The cruise was 11 nights. Yes, after I read the price schedule on this thread I wondered the same thing. But that is what they quoted and I didn't know to ask for anything different. Next time I will know! I still wish we had upgraded and now that I think it could have been less than what they quoted I REALLY am disappointed. But it is a lesson learned for next time.

I never even knew about asking for the Pier Coordinator until I read it on the CC boards. If you didn't ask, they didn't offer.

So, are the rates different for longer cruises? The rate schedule suggested on this thread does not differentiate between JS's and GS's, so that might be the difference.

We just book what we want from the get-go. If I had to sail in a cabin I hated, it would ruin the vacation....seriously!

Some folks are just happy to be anywhere on the ship----I have definite preferences!

If you don't care what type of cabin you're in, wait, and go for the pier upgrade....if it's available, you'll be able to buy it.

If you really have your heart set on a specific cabin or catagory, book it NOW! You may NOT get what you want later!

We just book what we want from the get-go. If I had to sail in a cabin I hated, it would ruin the vacation....seriously!

Some folks are just happy to be anywhere on the ship----I have definite preferences!

If you don't care what type of cabin you're in, wait, and go for the pier upgrade....if it's available, you'll be able to buy it.

If you really have your heart set on a specific cabin or catagory, book it NOW! You may NOT get what you want later!

I agree!! You should never book something you wouldn't be happy with in hopes of an upgrade. However, if the chance comes along to move up at a moderate cost, then that's okay too.

We have booked a couple of cabins that we wouldn't want to be upgraded from because they are exactly the cabin we want for that particular cruise.

Thanks for the info. We booked our inside cabin as opposed to an outside one because the fare allowed us to travel on a 9-night vs. 7 night. We aren't terribly heartset on a particular cabin or category. We decided to just wait and see until the day we leave. If we can jump up to a balcony for a few hundred bucks then great. If not, we'll put the money towards more cocktails :D and our next cruise!

Thanks again!

Thanks for the info. We booked our inside cabin as opposed to an outside one because the fare allowed us to travel on a 9-night vs. 7 night. We aren't terribly heartset on a particular cabin or category. We decided to just wait and see until the day we leave. If we can jump up to a balcony for a few hundred bucks then great. If not, we'll put the money towards more cocktails :D and our next cruise!

Thanks again!

Check available cabins frequently prior to cruise. That will give you an idea of what might be available. Check in EARLY. You have to check in to your assigned cabin. THEN ask to see the Pier Coordinator. You will be more likely to go from Inside to OV. If there is no luck with the Pier Coordinator, go to the Hotel Manager immediately after the Muster Drill, just prior to sailing.

No matter what cabin you end up with, your original booking or an upgrade, have fun and enjoy the cruise!

If a cruise ship is at capacity for pax they are considered full and will not book any more a passengers. This happens when many cabins are booked with 3 or 4.

Somebody got the RS when we last sailed because the original people thought they could drive up to the pier and board 30 minutes before sailing. When they were told that they could not park there the guy tried to offer one of the workers $100 to take the car away but they refused. Long story short they did not get onto the ship until St Maarten and they were told their cabin was undergoing renovations so they were given a different cabin. Not believing the people at check in, he convinced the room attendant to open the door to the RS and they saw other people's things in there.

They are also the couple who had such a fight that she threw all his clothes off the ship, came into the pub and threw and ashtray at him and spent the remainder of the cruise in lockdown. He had to wear the same clothes every day because they cut off his sea pass to stop him from drinking.. he still found people to buy him drinks. They were both arrested after departing.

Archived