Carnival Splendor Embarkation

Onesharbear

:p How soon can you show up at the ship to sign in and get on board. We are first time cruises traveling 10/11/09. I've been reading some blogs some are good and some are not so good. Anyone out there want to encourge me with fun things to do once we hit the ports?

You could search for my review "My Splendor Review April 19 thru 26" by meluvtogocruise.

We only did one excursion which was in Cabo. The Rhino adventure. Great!!!

We arrived at the terminal around 10:00 a.m. and we were on the ship by 1:00 p.m.

Have a wonderful vacation!

At terminal at 9 am and on board by 1:00 on April 26th. Previous cruisers slow movers.

Hey... :o

I take exception to that. Just because I wanted to get in one last late morning sleep, a great buffet breakfast, and a little lounging on the deck, not to mention the time it took my room steward to drag me out of my stateroom kicking and screaming!

Sorry, I took so long.:D

mel

At terminal at 9 am and on board by 1:00 on April 26th. Previous cruisers slow movers.

LOL I think we were ready to go assist in getting them off that ship LOL

Showing up between 9am and 10am should assure OP in getting a zone 1 boarding pass which will allow boarding somewhere around 1pm.

We did early check-in and dropped off our luggage a little after 9:00, and boarded at 12:15. Since we had stayed at the Queen Mary and had to return a rental car, we didn't have much waiting time at all.

We did early check-in and dropped off our luggage a little after 9:00, and boarded at 12:15. Since we had stayed at the Queen Mary and had to return a rental car, we didn't have much waiting time at all.

It's nice to see that they have sped the boarding process up :) We too stayed at the Queen Mary and loved it.

:p How soon can you show up at the ship to sign in and get on board. We are first time cruises traveling 10/11/09. I've been reading some blogs some are good and some are not so good. Anyone out there want to encourge me with fun things to do once we hit the ports?

We will be on that cruise as well :) Did you go on the roll call? How excited are you? I can't wait!

Carnival had given me a time in the afternoon, I think 2:00. We are staying in Marina del Rey the night before, so I am going to enjoy my last morning of California by going to the beach, bringing back the rental car, and then getting to the ship around 1:00.

I heard you can get there at 1pm and start the boarding process. We are going to CA on the 7th and spend some time with family and do the tourist stuff.

It's just me and my hubby, we are staying in Spa room...big ship but who knows maybe we'll run into each other (smile) I am so excited to be going...

Have a great time!

I heard you can get there at 1pm and start the boarding process. We are going to CA on the 7th and spend some time with family and do the tourist stuff.

It's just me and my hubby, we are staying in Spa room...big ship but who knows maybe we'll run into each other (smile) I am so excited to be going...

Have a great time!

You will have to let me know what you think of the spa cabin. I kept going back and forth between the spa cabin and the aft wrap. We decided to go with the bigger balcony because we are traveling with another couple and thought we would use the balcony more. The spa rooms look REALLY nice.

Did you have a chance to look at the excursions? We booked the Los Veranos zip line in PV and are going to try and do the Rhythms of the Night that night. I don't know if we will have time to do both--I'm getting input now from other cruisers on CC and will have to think about it. We haven't booked anything yet for the other two ports, but may just go off on our own.

Having sailed out of this port often, you can do early check in at the rear of the queen mary as early as 9:30, maybe just a bit earlier than that too ....

After that, you will hang around outside the dome where there is NO Seating, in the hot sun waiting 3.5 hours till they open up that dome about 12:25pm.

So if you don't mind all that waiting around with other cruisers, do the early check in.

But if you want to "just walk in" to the dome for your security check and check in, get there about 2-3pm.

I've sailed out of this port about 5 times, not really a big deal.

Having sailed out of this port often, you can do early check in at the rear of the queen mary as early as 9:30, maybe just a bit earlier than that too ....

After that, you will hang around outside the dome where there is NO Seating, in the hot sun waiting 3.5 hours till they open up that dome about 12:25pm.

So if you don't mind all that waiting around with other cruisers, do the early check in.

But if you want to "just walk in" to the dome for your security check and check in, get there about 2-3pm.

I've sailed out of this port about 5 times, not really a big deal.

Actually, the early check-in is not on the QM anymore, it's at a bank of counters just outside the dome. And there is now a bunch of new seating and shade 'sails' available.

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=963623

You will have to let me know what you think of the spa cabin. I kept going back and forth between the spa cabin and the aft wrap. We decided to go with the bigger balcony because we are traveling with another couple and thought we would use the balcony more. The spa rooms look REALLY nice.

Did you have a chance to look at the excursions? We booked the Los Veranos zip line in PV and are going to try and do the Rhythms of the Night that night. I don't know if we will have time to do both--I'm getting input now from other cruisers on CC and will have to think about it. We haven't booked anything yet for the other two ports, but may just go off on our own.

We are going to do the Rhythms of the Night also, that sounded fun...we are still looking at the excursions hubby picked fishing in Mazatlan, so I am picking something in PV and we are picking together in Cabo. So we'll see...decisions decisions...LOL!

Awesome! thank you, I think we'll opt to get there a bit later standing around not much fun...but gabbing with other cruisers and making friends is always a good time.

Just found this from another post....after i posted the above. So thanks!

Actually, the early check-in is not on the QM anymore, it's at a bank of counters just outside the dome. And there is now a bunch of new seating and shade 'sails' available.

We did the cruise April 19 and we got to the terminal around 10:00, and boarded around 12:30 or 1:00.

In Mazatlan we went to Stone Island on a tour that we booked over the internet.(See the Mexican Riveria boards for info). It was great, the beach was deserted, lunch was good and it was an open bar.

There was lots of beach activities to do that were included in the price.

Catherine

I can echo Cindy's comments. Just got off of the Splendor yesterday (about the same time getting on, did early check in as well around 9:30. Was actually the easiest embarkation process we have seen. Cindy, thanks for the all of the heads up with the ship as well as the QM. Had a great time!

I can echo Cindy's comments. Just got off of the Splendor yesterday (about the same time getting on, did early check in as well around 9:30. Was actually the easiest embarkation process we have seen. Cindy, thanks for the all of the heads up with the ship as well as the QM. Had a great time!

How long did it take to check in if you arrived at 9:30?....we were thinking about doing early checkin and theb leaving the port to go eat breakfast with our cruise critic group.

How long did it take to check in if you arrived at 9:30?....we were thinking about doing early checkin and theb leaving the port to go eat breakfast with our cruise critic group.

We were VIP, so for us no wait at all. However people in our group were back with 20 minutes (we stayed on the QM). Don't think it will be an issue for you to go have breakfast.

I stand corrected then... I'm glad they Finally made some improvments there, I didn't think they ever get around to it...

It's been a while since I sailed out of that port, look forward to seeing what they've done.

Archived