"LIVE" from Freedom of the Seas / Aug 2, 2009

Radio

Radio,

Please let us know at what time you managed to get on the ship or they started letting people to board. Official time is 4:30pm, but I've heard people boarding well before then (like 11:00am). Always nice to be one of the first ones on board.

Again, have a wonderful cruise!!

Edited by pete78

Wow! Live reports. I'm so excited. Thanks in advance. Also, thanks for Country Inn review. We are thinking of switching from the Radisson. I heard a "rumor" from there and I don't think we will chance staying there.

I believe I heard the same one, and we switched to the Marriott Residence Inn :rolleyes:

Please help me out here. I have reservations there in less than 5 weeks. What is the rumor?

Edited by CruiseLover15

Radio,

Please let us know at what time you managed to get on the ship or they started letting people to board. Official time is 4:30pm, but I've heard people boarding well before then (like 11:00am). Always nice to be one of the first ones on board.

Again, have a wonderful cruise!!

4:30 pm is the time she sails. All passengers must be onboard before then. It's at least 90 minutes beforehand according to RCI if you have completed your check in online. I'm sure Radio will let us know what time people were allowed to board.

If you haven't done On-line check in, you must have checked in and completed all paperwork 2 hours prior to sailing.

Even if you board around 11 a.m. I believe cabins are not available until 1 p.m. and all the entrances to the corridors are closed until then (they were when we sailed FOS out of Miami).

Edited by peteukmcr

Radio

Thanks in advance for your reports. They could not come at a better time since we just booked this cruise a couple of days ago. Will be sailing in February. It will be our first Freedom class ship; we usually do Radiance class ships. Really looking forward to your posts and pictures. Thanks.

Radio, Thank you so much for these awesome posts! I am so excited to read all about your voyage this week since we will be sailing on FOS in Sept. 20. Cant wait to hear all about this beautiful ship. If you could post the names of the menus that are served in the main dining room each night that would be great. I am trying to decide which nights to do the specialty restaurants.

For those of you asking about what time to board, in my last 6 cruises I have always been lucky to board the ship before noon and usually arrive around 11am. Do the online check-in, have your set sail pass and passport in hand, don't have much carry on with you that will delay you at the security point, and the check in process will be done in no time. You pay for the first day so might as well get as much out of it as you can and start your vacation early! Get your umbrella drink as soon as you board the ship and the vacation has started... (BTW, if you want a less expensive drink, don't buy the drinks in the souvenir glasses, unless of course you want one. You can get the same drink at the bar, just ask for it without the logo glass) Another tip is pack a swimsuit if you want to enjoy the pool or flow rider right away as your luggage won't arrive until later in the day. (sorry to provide such random information but I am a cruise tip fanatic and have been fortunate to have many kind people on CC provide these tips to me in the past)

The ship looks great on the webcam, Bon Voyage Radio! Have an awesome experience!

Radio, Thank you so much for these awesome posts! I am so excited to read all about your voyage this week since we will be sailing on FOS in Sept. 20. Cant wait to hear all about this beautiful ship. If you could post the names of the menus that are served in the main dining room each night that would be great. I am trying to decide which nights to do the specialty restaurants.

For those of you asking about what time to board, in my last 6 cruises I have always been lucky to board the ship before noon and usually arrive around 11am. Do the online check-in, have your set sail pass and passport in hand, don't have much carry on with you that will delay you at the security point, and the check in process will be done in no time. You pay for the first day so might as well get as much out of it as you can and start your vacation early! Get your umbrella drink as soon as you board the ship and the vacation has started... (BTW, if you want a less expensive drink, don't buy the drinks in the souvenir glasses, unless of course you want one. You can get the same drink at the bar, just ask for it without the logo glass) Another tip is pack a swimsuit if you want to enjoy the pool or flow rider right away as your luggage won't arrive until later in the day. (sorry to provide such random information but I am a cruise tip fanatic and have been fortunate to have many kind people on CC provide these tips to me in the past)

The ship looks great on the webcam, Bon Voyage Radio! Have an awesome experience!

Are you looking at it now on the webcam? I can't see anything on it!:(

Please help me out here. I have reservations there in less than 5 weeks. What is the rumor?

I am also staying at the Radisson and leaving my car there for the week. It would be really nice to know what the rumor is to potentially save some needless heartache. Since when did CCer's become shy:D

Also,,, thanks Radio, I always look forward to your fabulous reviews.

Edited by CruisesOnMyMind

Hello everyone. . . I left the hotel at about 10:45AM, and arrived at the pier about 5 minutes later. We dropped the luggage off with the porters, and then drove around to the parking garage.

I went up to the top of the garage to get a few pics of the Freedom of the Seas before boarding. We walked into the Terminal and the whole process went very fast.

I went first, through the Security checkpoint (5 min), and then went up to Level 2 for Check In (5 min)

We were rushed through the Diamond Plus Check in line (5 min), and then we boarded the ship. . . Wow! This might be the fastest I have ever boarded any ship. . .

I stopped at the Pier Coordinator’s Desk to check for any possible upgrade, but there were none to be had. The ship is very full. . .

Or cabins would not be ready until 1PM, so I went up to the Windjammer MarketPlace for a quick bite. I love the Honey Stung Chicken ! I have a lot of things to see while I am onboard this week, and a lot of time to do it. . . This should be a fun cruise !

Here are a few pics from boarding, and I will have many more later tonight from Sail Away. . .

Thanks for all of the nice comments, and thanks for tuning in !

BTW. . .I don't what the Rumor is ? ?

Radio

The Beautiful Freedom of the Seas

C1.JPG

Walking into the Terminal

C3.JPG

We made it on board. . . The H2o Zone !

C42.jpg

The Solarium is very bright today. . .

C36.JPG

My Hallway on Deck 7

C6.JPG

I must try the FlowRider this week

C33.JPG

Edited by Radio

Are you looking at it now on the webcam? I can't see anything on it!:(

Earlier today it was working fine but Webcam down again! I was so looking forward to seeing the ship sail today! Has anyone gotten anything on any of the web cams?

Radio....great start and thanks so much for the awesome reviews you do! You are just great to share the experience with us. It brings back very fond memories of the time I spent on the Freedom, she really is a great ship. Have fun, relax and looking forward to reading your reviews.

Earlier today it was working fine but Webcam down again! I was so looking forward to seeing the ship sail today! Has anyone gotten anything on any of the web cams?
We saw it pull out on the web cam.Will be on the ship Aug. 30.