Dollars into local currency

Leslieswiger

For myself and others who will be on the Amsterdam Rio-Seattle,:D I have a question please. We will visit Buenos Aires (4days) and Santiago for (5 days) . I know that all the larger shops and restaurants accept USD or Credit cards. However, the subway, bus, taxis, snack stops and etc. WILL NOT. How many Dollars should I exchange into the local currency???:confused: Should I change them in my home country, or at the destination airport, or a bank there? Thanking you in advance for your time and interest in the above matter. Happy Sailings...Leslie Swiger:)

Both cities have ATMs that belong to international ATM networks. If you use your home bank ATM card in the ATM of a network bank, it will dispense local currency at a good exchange rate. Exchange enough at an ATM or currency exchange window when you arrive for a taxi and initial expenses and use ATMs later as needed.

My husband went to the exchange center here in Houston since we leave tomorrow for Buenos Aires. They would not exchange money for us as they said there is too much fluctuation in the Argentina pesos and American dollar. They suggested we go to a bank (not one of the exchange centers or airport) if we wanted to exchange when we got there, but that everyone loved the American dollar. Just a little info from today's preparation to leave tomorrow.

Archived