Walkers

Bobed1927

We're going on the Noordam in November and I have some mobility problems. I don't need a walker all the time and would prefer to avoid the hassle of bringing one with me. Is there any possibility of borrowing or renting one on the ship?

As far as I know, there are none available on the ship. You may be able to rent one to be delivered to your stateroom at the departure port. I think it is "Care Vacations" that HAL uses. We rented a wheelchair, and it was waiting in the cabin. Not sure about walkers, though.

My wife uses a walker all the time.

There are no walkers or wheelchairs on the ship that you can rent or borrow when you leave the ship.

The airlines will not charge you to transport the walker so you are better off taking the walker along even if you never use it. The Nordam is one of the Vista class ships and it does require a long walk from the diningroom to the showroom.

Have a great cruise...

Let your TA know if you need a shower chair and they will have one waiting in the room for you.

Ruth & Jim

The airlines will not charge you to transport the walker

Good to know, but just curious... where do they store the walker during flight? My mother is recovering from a broken hip last December so we will be dealing with this for the first time next October on our first river cruise (yay!).

Archived