Dawn Feb 21 ,2010 cancellation

siwst852

Many thanks for warning me a while back about the future cancellation of that cruise. We didn't book our airfare and NCL canceled today (after our TA saying several times he had no knowledge of the of the private cruise ) . We can rebook the following week at no up charge and they are giving us 25 each ship board credit. Does this seem reasonable to you? I was hoping for a little more for the hassle and now some of the group can't go, which is a bummer.

Love this site , any tips are much appreciated.

We also received an email from NCL about the 'charter' that in effect, canceled our trip and plans. We're in the Dallas area, and have been checking air fares for this trip. Thankfully, we didn't purchase a ticket to Miami for our departure yet. How did you know that this could have been canceled, Was it account the level of 'sold' cabins? Who. what could habe caused the folks that have already booked this trip, to get bumped?

Am I correct to assume that this sailing wasn't full, and in order to fill out other trips, they selected this one to cancel, so those folks would move over to others times, and fill up those ships?

Ima Floater ,

I found out from these boards I was on the roll call side, being new to cruising I was researching. They said it was a charter I forgot (something like cayman band group). They gave the website to go to (if you look up my name I also posted this on the roll call side and it has all the info).

None of my friends would believe me because after contacting the NCL TA several times we were told no no charter. LOL I WAS RIGHT love when that happens. However it stinks because some of them cannot go now.

So to answer no this had nothing to do with not full . In fact I am not sure we are going to get connecting cabins on the next sailing because they are fairly booked for the cabin and deck we had previously.

Good luck what ever you choose.

Ima Floater ,

I found out from these boards I was on the roll call side, being new to cruising I was researching. They said it was a charter I forgot (something like cayman band group). They gave the website to go to (if you look up my name I also posted this on the roll call side and it has all the info).

None of my friends would believe me because after contacting the NCL TA several times we were told no no charter. LOL I WAS RIGHT love when that happens. However it stinks because some of them cannot go now.

So to answer no this had nothing to do with not full . In fact I am not sure we are going to get connecting cabins on the next sailing because they are fairly booked for the cabin and deck we had previously.

Good luck what ever you choose.

The boat is chartered for the Cayamo Music Cruise via Sixthman. www.cayamo.com

It always pays to take part in the Roll Call. Someone, I can't recall who ;), noted that the cruise was chartered out in the Roll Call back in April:

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=962419

Sixthman has also chartered at least two dates on Carnival ships for 2010 so one might check their site if travelling on Carnival out of Tampa next year: www.sixthman.net

Archived