Suggestions for Cruise line to Alaska

claxton1

My wife, my eight-year-old son and myself or in the planning stages of selecting a cruise line for an Alaskan cruise sometimes in early June 2005. We were thinking we would like to fly into Seattle Washington and take a train to Vancouver British Columbia and then do the northbound route to Anchorage Alaska, after that fly home from Anchorage.I would like to have some suggestions of what you all think would be the best cruise line for for us. We all are in our early forties and my son is in the second grade. We were thinking of either Carnival or Caribbean cruise line, but we are open to any suggestions. Your thoughts would be greatly appreciated.

With a one way cruise and your not doing any interior Alaska travel?? I would definately cruise instead to Seward so to at least get a great day of excellent Alaska touring. Add a night there and then take the train to Anchorage the next night. Sightsee Anchorage (at least) the next day and overnight home. Myself- I never go one way without at least another week for interior travel, I take advantage of the costly and long flight in/out of Anchorage. As an added though- round trip and one way cruises are more similar than different, both see a glacier, usually at least 3 ports and sail inside passage. College Fjords would be a definate on any one way for me.

We took Carnival June 30 2004 and loved it. The ship was nice and I liked the itinerary We went to College Fjords. We would love to go back someday and would go back on Carnival. It was our first cruise and we went for Alaska more than the cruise. If you have any ?s you can e-mail me at jenifire@iserv.net

Have fun planning

Jenny

My wife, my eight-year-old son and myself or in the planning stages of selecting a cruise line for an Alaskan cruise sometimes in early June 2005. We were thinking we would like to fly into Seattle Washington and take a train to Vancouver British Columbia and then do the northbound route to Anchorage Alaska, after that fly home from Anchorage.I would like to have some suggestions of what you all think would be the best cruise line for for us. We all are in our early forties and my son is in the second grade. We were thinking of either Carnival or Caribbean cruise line, but we are open to any suggestions. Your thoughts would be greatly appreciated.

Hi!

We were there last year for the second time. This time was a cruise tour and, if time allows, really adds a lot to the Alaska experience. My suggestion is to get with your TA, load up on brochures, and decide on what is the most important to you. Both of my trips have been with Celebrity and I think they are fantastic. The only drawback is that they are not visiting Glacier Bay National Park. They visit Hubbard Glacier instead and the experience is just not the same. I know both Princess and Holland America visit this year, but I do not know about Carnival or Royal Caribbean.

There are a lot of ships in Alaska and there are usually some good discounts available either very early or very late. Believe it or not, this is not that early. With people staying closer to home after 9/11, the sooner you book the better the selection will be.

Have a great cruise and let me know if I can help with any specific questions.

Mike

05/96 Horizon to ALaska

11/97 Dawn Princess to Caribbean

08/03 Summit to Alaska (Cruisetour)

12/04 Coral Princess to Panama Canal/Central America

Hello all! I have been on three caribbean cruises and I frequented these message boards before each. However, I never thought to register myself. I JUST realized I might be able to assist someone the way I was assisted :). Also, I am in the initial stages of researching a 2006 Alaskan cruise. I would like to thank each of you for your comments/advice. I have already learned a great deal!!!

Archived